diy solar

diy solar

Wiring Diagram help - Inverter not getting proper voltage

I just don’t believe in buying two different colour wires,

It almost looks like you have enough of both - just not on the correct polarities. At a minimum, one can buy some colored electrical tape to put on the ends to identify polarity. You said you are sure everything was correct, but yet it went up in smoke. <shrug>

The inverter was able to turn on and try to power whatever was plugged it, so the polarity is correct. Inverters now a days have fuses that will blow if the polarity is reversed.
The inverter worked strait off the battery, without the BMS involved, problem solved, it was a broken BMS. Thanks everyone for the reply’s and the help ?

So now you have 2 Renogy inverter chargers , and they're both functioning normally when direct connected to the battery ? ( l thought you'd already tried that )

Yeah u betcha, and I actually still had it hooked up through the BMS, I really didn’t think it would be the problem because nothing on the app was showing up as an alert or anything, super weird but ya when I got around to testing it without the Bms all was fine.

Back