diy solar

diy solar

Wiring Question. Are there any resources that make precrimped 4 gauge and 6 gauge wires for 400 watt van system?

Do not be afraid to crimp. My measurements suck and anything I preorder would not work.

I really recommend making your own. Buy 50% more than you think you need of black wire and red wire. Crimping tool and crimps and connectors electric tape and shrink wrap. In a couple hours you’ll have enough cables for three or four van builds.

Do not be afraid to crimp. My measurements suck and anything I preorder would not work.

I really recommend making your own. Buy 50% more than you think you need of black wire and red wire. Crimping tool and crimps and connectors electric tape and shrink wrap. In a couple hours you’ll have enough cables for three or four van builds.
Buy one colour and use electrical tape at the terminations to identify the wires.

I crimped my own with a Temco hammer crimper ($23 at amazon) but I did buy the cable from battery cable USA. They will terminate for you at a reasonable price. I just wanted a perfect fit, which I thought would be too hard to pre-measure. Easier to lay the actual cable, mark it, cut it, strip and crimp.

Use a rope or heavy twine to measure. Or maybe some vinyl tubing. Better to be 1/2" long than a 1/4" short.

Back