diy solar

diy solar

WOOOOOO HOOOOO Go get'em Will....

I didn't agree with the shaming in the other video although I know he meant it as tough-love.

But all the people wringing their hands over the climate for years and have done nothing? They're a part of the problem, not the solution.
I did far more than them when I was a climate denier and did it just to be frugal.

Excerpts from ref:

Today 54% of Americans are alarmed or concerned about climate change. 1.6% of the cars are EVs, 2.5% will have solar by 2024.
WTF are they waiting for?

Think I'll spend all my retirement savings, study for a couple months, buy panels, electric car, batteries, inverters, block access to the garage then spend the next twenty years troubleshooting. Should save 1.5 gal. of gas per day.

I didn't agree with the shaming in the other video although I know he meant it as tough-love.

But all the people wringing their hands over the climate for years and have done nothing? They're a part of the problem, not the solution.
I did far more than them when I was a climate denier and did it just to be frugal.

Excerpts from ref:

Maybe they're waiting for chips? Computer chips are in short supply...

But probably not..

We American's don't like to take responsibility for our own behavior.

Reactions: Mia
I think the problem is that most people don't know where to start.

EV's are expensive, solar is expensive, new energy efficient technology is expensive.

Most people are more concerned with making sure they have food on the table and a place to live, which is the way the large companies that are ruining the planet want it to be.

Saving the environment doesn't have to be expensive though, and I think a lot of people don't realize that. People can start gardening, compacting trash, reducing power use, recycling, or advocating for change online for free.

Besides all of my efficiency and renewable energy projects, I walk my son to school, and on the way home we pick up trash on the side of the road and the railroad tracks. I separate the recycling, scrap, and trash. I've made about $25 in the past month on aluminum cans, and when I went to grab a chip bag someone had tossed, I found over 50lbs of 10 awg solid copper wire buried in the mud. I stripped it and made about $175 to split with my son.

It helps me sleep at night knowing that I'm at least TRYING to help, and that I'm not part of the problem, and it would seem that good things happen to you when you try.

I'm genuinely terrified of the world my kids and grandkids will grow up in.

Most people are more concerned with.... food... and a place to live.... Saving the environment doesn't have to be expensive.....
Tell that to my insurance co. I've got two vehicles, a 12mpg truck and a 40mpg sedan. I prefer driving the sedan but once every couple month I have no chose but to use the truck. Insurance and license is double on two vehicles so it's much cheaper to only drive the gas guzzler.

Back