diy solar

diy solar

Would my solar panels work with Bluetti 200 AC MAX?

Landorin

Hi,

I use a plug-in solar solution (2 panels with 335W each connected to controller connected to AC outlet to power the grid in my home partly). I am considering to buy the Bluetti 200 AC Max. Yet when it comes to electricity I am still pretty much a newbie.

Bluetti mentions a max VOC of 10-450V, 15A and 900W as solar input (https://bluettipower.eu/products/ac200max).

My panels have a VOC of 41,45V and current at maximum load 9,97A (short circuit current 10,38A).

Here are my questions and I hope some of you can help me on this:
1) From the research I did it seems as long as I am below the max VOC and max Ampere I can use pretty much any panel, right?
2) So I can plug these 2 panels from above into the Bluetti without any issues?
3) If so, I can plug them right into the Bluetti as it has its own controller? The reason I am asking is if there is a blackout the controller that came with the the plug in solar panels shuts down as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220713-124111_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20220713-124111_Office.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Going by the screenshot yes, just need to connect them in serial to the PV / Solar port with the right cables. As a general rule over volting causes the damage. If you stay within the recommended max for volts / amps that is safest. It has its own controller for Solar which works well.

Thanks!

Yet why in serial? Wouldn't it be better to connect them in parallel for more Watt (if it is about the cable connections, can't you use some kind of Y adapter or so)?

Have a look on the internet for more information but roughly speaking serial means the voltages of each panel are summed whereas parallel means the amps are summed. Below is a link that explains it in more detail. (Apologies if the link breaks forum rules it was just the first one I found).

Back