diy solar

diy solar

Would you pay a $700 for 4 tested 280Ah lifePo4 cells that could be delivered to CONUS within 1 week?

I'm in for 16 cells (2 banks of 8 cells @560ah) and a BMS for each. I'm in Long Beach and would gladly meet you half way in like santa Ynez. Or something.

Email me for better response time jbcaindo@gmail.com

Hopefully I'm on the list, if not please put me on it.
How much more for LTO?
280ah 12v with BMS, battery heater needed but that would be extra.

Last edited:
I will be posting about future plans befor the weekend is over. I still have 3 peoples cells to ship then I will be able to give a recap and see what we can do moving forward.
great will keep an eye out

Hello @Criag,
I haven't seen any posts in few weeks, are you still preparing 2nd order?
Do you see any reason why these will not work for RV application? I'm planning to replace my 2 lead acids the trailer came with.

unfortunately my need accelerated so I had to grab a 200ah Renogy AGM for now... BUT it's Craig's build I'm wanting and yes they are fine in an RV. You will want to add a few things like a BMS for each assembled battery, if using solar you want all the solar setup of course.

You'll need to make sure your power RV has a charging system that supports the Lifepo4 charge profile. If not then you'll maybe wanna update it...or add a charge controller somehow. I'm still learning too but it's baby steps and my initial use will be as drop-in LA replacements. It's still the plan only delayed now as my battery fund went to AGM and generator parts to repair the motor.

I'm interested when it comes time! I've dialed back my initial build, instead of trying to start out at ludicrous speed. Four tested units that support a friendly company interested in adding a layer of confidence and security as a value added option? Count me in!

Reactions: rkw
Hey Craig,

Just wondering if there were still plans for another round? I'd be interested in 16...and a BMS if you are in the business of selling those!

I had a hunch there would be a market for this and it looks like the response has been positive. It fits the model of buying on Alibaba and selling on Amazon, EBay, and Craigslist at a rate of Cost + 20%. Seems pretty easy to duplicate, but the great thing about success is you only have to get there once.

in a cut throat market, ill be not... I don't think @Michael B Caro is ready to retire. pocket cash sure maybe.
I retired a long time ago, but I got tired of being retired and started a small advertising business that works with RV parks.
The Lifepo4 thing is just a service to the forum thing and some pocket change.
It may grow into more than that if my middle son decides he wants to build and sell some packs this winter.

Last edited:
Back