diy solar

diy solar

Would you pay a $700 for 4 tested 280Ah lifePo4 cells that could be delivered to CONUS within 1 week?

Ok I think I sent invoices to everyone who PM'ed me. I did this for record keeping there are many moving parts here and I want a good record.
If you are interested in pre sale and I did not invoice you please PM me.

I'm in for 16 in a couple weeks. I can roll on the next batch if you are out by then

Sorry guys most of the first round are spoken for and I am in talks with 2 people for the 12 I have left. Once they arrive and they are all what they are supposed to be I will be ordering more.

Hi all one of my battery suppliers has a decent price on 280 AH cells they are allegedly made new in 2020.
I have been selling LTO cells on e-bay for a while now and have tested around 400 of them So I have a pretty efficient testing method set up.
My thought is to bulk buy these 280Ah Cells test them and resell them here and on e-bay I would as always offer a cheaper price here for forum members than I do on E-bay

Right now my target price would be be about $700.00 for every 4 cells. This would include shipping and a full test report of the capacity of each cell as well as an Internal resistance value. The E-bay price would be around $950.00

This is not a set in stone deal. I'm not looking to sell anything just now. Just looking for thoughts on price and interest.
I throw my hat in as well...

Any updates on the cells?

I didn't order with you guys but i will tell you that shipping out of China has been slow as crap -- BUT then the ports in CA where they come into are waaaaaayyy behind as the workers milk this COVID thing for all its worth ... Things that we were expecting to take 30 days is now at 60+ .... so probably wouldn't start worrying until at least 30 days past due ...

The last i checked the ship had not yet arrived in port. I have another order of some different cells that arrived in port on may 19th those cells still have not yet been picked up by fed ex. So we are looking at at least 15 days once the ship hits port. Unless customs speeds things up.

Craig, thanks for the update. Obviously I am looking forward to their arrival, but I will just have to be content with reading and studying. With the slow arrival maybe I will try to figure out a fast top balancing procedure. Let's see, lightening rod, kite, wire string...

BUT then the ports in CA where they come into are waaaaaayyy behind as the workers milk this COVID thing for all its worth .
I thought the expanded capacity of the Panama Canal meant that a lot more stuff was going to go by water direct to Texas? I guess not everything yet, especially less than container stuff that probably still goes through traditional channels in LA-Long Beach.

I thought the expanded capacity of the Panama Canal meant that a lot more stuff was going to go by water direct to Texas? I guess not everything yet, especially less than container stuff that probably still goes through traditional channels in LA-Long Beach.

YUeah it still much cheaper for the Chinese companies to send it from China to LA - and then ground it to Texas ...

YUeah it still much cheaper for the Chinese companies to send it from China to LA - and then ground it to Texas ..
That was the theory of the Alameda Corrider project 25 years ago and I guess it is still paying off. Thanks for the insight.
I lived in LA when it was being built and have watched with interest the evolution of those harbors as I grew up on the hill overlooking San Pedro,

Last edited:
Back