diy solar

diy solar

Would you pay a $700 for 4 tested 280Ah lifePo4 cells that could be delivered to CONUS within 1 week?

I can get 8 for $880 so 4 for $700 is high, I rather wait a week or 2 to save half that.

I can get 8 for $880 so 4 for $700 is high, I rather wait a week or 2 to save half that.
Can you please IM me the source for this mythical price?
Are you sure it is including shipping-which on these big mothers starts to get close to the Ali Advertised price.
I look forward to receiving your source info.
THANKS!

Reactions: rkw
Howdy...am I late to this party? I am actually in a bit of a bind as my house batteries in the RV have pretty much gone tits-up about 7-months early for my plan and planned budget...sigh, it's always like that right? ;) Wanting just four of them for now.

I've been looking at some Valence U24's at 138Ah for about $550 each after tax & shipping....so yours look like a nice deal for sure. Plus I can put some of Will's teachings to work.

I've read the thread just want to know if there are more details? I'm not in an instant need situation but would love to find a solution within a month.

Oh, this will be my first DIY battery and needs to be a drop-in for now. So a BMS if you have any that would work would be nice to add from a trusted source for sure. They will be charged from my generator for now then solar in about 3 months. I move slowly thanks to receiving very defective organ systems at conception....they seem to be failing in a rate designed to keep me guessing. ;) I'll likely post questions in the correct sub-forum as I go but advice on the BMS would be great. Will always seems to be just in heaven trying to melt the ones he tests. hehehehe

OK...one more OH BTW...if you run out but are planning on maybe ordering more, happy to help with funding for my set by prepaying.

What's the latest on this thread? It seems that pricing of the 280Ah cells may have dropped significantly since this was originally posted and shipping times/costs also seem to have been improved. I think there is value in setting up a US based supply with a 7 day delivery at a premium, but we seem a long way from that becoming a reality.

US based seller in Rhode Island using ebay selling 4 f@ $1000 shipped price.

Trade 8-10 weeks of your patience for $140 per cell savings and you can purchase off of AliBaba @~$110 -includes shipping and 2.9% CC fee, but it is literally the slow boat from China. Christopher Columbus was able to use sail power to cross the Atlantic ocean in just 36 days. I think they are using short paddles, that due to the poor copying of the US design by not taking into account the taller boat design and barely touching the water, instead of sails on those boats ........... and that's why they are slower than ol' Columbus!

I had no reply on my question for the US based source selling for 8 @ $880 delivered in one to two weeks. I would choose that for sure......at the same price and NOT waiting 10 weeks. I am not as patient as I was when younger!

I will be placing another order soon. The price will be actually a little more as shipping will not be included. But will vary based on location. I shipped two sets of 8 cells Friday cost was $270 for each set of 8 but that was cross country and I am looking a other options.

I will be placing another order soon. The price will be actually a little more as shipping will not be included. But will vary based on location. I shipped two sets of 8 cells Friday cost was $270 for each set of 8 but that was cross country and I am looking a other options.
I'm not being critical and I understand the difficulties in setting up an operation like this, but realistically how far away are you from providing a one week turn-around at the headline price or even close?

US based seller in Rhode Island using ebay selling 4 f@ $1000 shipped price.

Trade 8-10 weeks of your patience for $140 per cell savings and you can purchase off of AliBaba @~$110 -includes shipping and 2.9% CC fee, but it is literally the slow boat from China. Christopher Columbus was able to use sail power to cross the Atlantic ocean in just 36 days. I think they are using short paddles, that due to the poor copying of the US design by not taking into account the taller boat design and barely touching the water, instead of sails on those boats ........... and that's why they are slower than ol' Columbus!

I had no reply on my question for the US based source selling for 8 @ $880 delivered in one to two weeks. I would choose that for sure......at the same price and NOT waiting 10 weeks. I am not as patient as I was when younger!
Somebody posted on another thread that they had 16 x 280Ah cells including shipping for ~$1700. Of course this is on the slow boat. There is no trade of patience available because I don't see anywhere that I can pay a premium and get batteries in 7 days right now. Craig is trying to set that up but he's not there yet and it would probably take an enormous upfront investment and risk to order in sufficient quantities to be able to achieve anything close to $700 for 4 to CONUS.

I'm not being critical and I understand the difficulties in setting up an operation like this, but realistically how far away are you from providing a one week turn-around at the headline price or even close?
About 2 months away. I sold all 100 of last batch of else I would have some now. When I posted this I never planned to sell out so fast. Just wondering if the price point made sense. You can absolutely get cheaper buying direct. But you will also not know what you are getting. My intent is to have tested batteries in stock. So I can guarantee the capacity and deal with the hassles of Alibaba so buyers won't have to.

About 2 months away. I sold all 100 of last batch of else I would have some now. When I posted this I never planned to sell out so fast. Just wondering if the price point made sense. You can absolutely get cheaper buying direct. But you will also not know what you are getting. My intent is to have tested batteries in stock. So I can guarantee the capacity and deal with the hassles of Alibaba so buyers won't have to.
Yes, and I appreciate what you're doing and I can absolutely see the value proposition and would really bite your hand off at $700 if I could get them in a reasonable time. The price point makes sense to the buyers obviously, you maybe not so much - it looks to me that you spent a lot of time on logistics and testing - is that sustainable for you?

That's w/o a doubt a big consideration. I dealt direct with Chinese motherboard and hardware mfg's for close to 20yrs. Haven't in a good decade so things have changed. Looking at Alibaba as a place to buy doesn't create a comfy sensation, even worse than eBay.

There is a lot of value to me to buy from a reputable person/company here in the US where I can get a fair price and not have to glean the the detritus in the seller bucket on Alibaba. Just look at Will's videos to get an idea of how much you need to roll the dice buying blind.

Need Craig the not some cash and maybe save us all a lot of headache and cash as well. Sure you can find lots of 280v cells out there but no idea which discard bin they were dragged out of in that factory. Plus if you aren't familiar with how the Chinese selling works. A "company" is typically a guy with a phone, a computer and a desk in a big room full of other "companies" all selling the same crap. It's hard to find ethical sellers in that environment. Many Americans don't grasp that is the whole "company" a single person with the desk.

Anyway, Craig, mark me down for at least 4 cells next order and just let me know if ya need pre-payment help and I'll send it no worries. I wish I could swing two sets but right now trying to keep that CC bill lower...other goodies to buy after all. ;)

I saw you are in Hollister? As in CA? That's cool and will make shipping to me down the coast near Santa Barbara easier on my CC...hahaha...BTW, nothing feel more fun than starting that business with $7 in your company checking and zero clients...what a thrill ride that was way back when!

That's w/o a doubt a big consideration. I dealt direct with Chinese motherboard and hardware mfg's for close to 20yrs. Haven't in a good decade so things have changed. Looking at Alibaba as a place to buy doesn't create a comfy sensation, even worse than eBay.

There is a lot of value to me to buy from a reputable person/company here in the US where I can get a fair price and not have to glean the the detritus in the seller bucket on Alibaba. Just look at Will's videos to get an idea of how much you need to roll the dice buying blind.

Need Craig the not some cash and maybe save us all a lot of headache and cash as well. Sure you can find lots of 280v cells out there but no idea which discard bin they were dragged out of in that factory. Plus if you aren't familiar with how the Chinese selling works. A "company" is typically a guy with a phone, a computer and a desk in a big room full of other "companies" all selling the same crap. It's hard to find ethical sellers in that environment. Many Americans don't grasp that is the whole "company" a single person with the desk.

Anyway, Craig, mark me down for at least 4 cells next order and just let me know if ya need pre-payment help and I'll send it no worries. I wish I could swing two sets but right now trying to keep that CC bill lower...other goodies to buy after all. ;)

I saw you are in Hollister? As in CA? That's cool and will make shipping to me down the coast near Santa Barbara easier on my CC...hahaha...BTW, nothing feel more fun than starting that business with $7 in your company checking and zero clients...what a thrill ride that was way back when!
Yes that's CA not the street or the beach lol Even to Santa Barbara the cheapest shipping is hoping in the truck and taking a nice Saturday drive to deliver.

Just hoping they get shipped / delivered soon. Not giving Craig a hard time, just have all the other pieces in place and waiting on the cells.
Hope to have them all shipped this week I'm just working on other shipping options UPS wants $33.00 per cell. My budget was $15 but I will still cover the cost no matter the amount.

Hope to have them all shipped this week I'm just working on other shipping options UPS wants $33.00 per cell. My budget was $15 but I will still cover the cost no matter the amount.
You know the cheapest why to ship is with usps

Funny how patient I've been since ordering and how impatient seeing this makes me. I have to wait until FRIDAY??!!!!!! ;)

1594864529958.png

Last edited:
Back