diy solar

diy solar

Would you pay a $700 for 4 tested 280Ah lifePo4 cells that could be delivered to CONUS within 1 week?

Agree anything less than 12"x12"x12" dimensions or flat rate box will be cheaper using USPS. The issue with these batteries for shipping is the Dangerous Goods classification. USPS has a very limited list of accepted Dangerous Goods.
Hope to have them all shipped this week I'm just working on other shipping options UPS wants $33.00 per cell. My budget was $15 but I will still cover the cost no matter the amount.
Shipping costs can be a frustration for sure. I always remember a great tip I got when I was just getting into selling online... "the fastest way to go broke in business is with shipping...". We had been discussing whether to offer free shipping as well as underestimating cost...so, no worries about shipping cost to me if/when you get more cells. That's factored into my view of the price.

I eventually moved
to using http://www.Endicia.com for postage. They used to offer slightly lower postage rates and so-so insurance rates. I changed to using either http://www.u-pic.com to cover all my shipments. There is also PIPINSURE.COM for parcel insurance.

The change to 3rd party parcel insurance actually turned shipping charges into a profit center as I still charged for insurance in the shipping rates from USPS when calculating shipping charges. It's a shockingly significant difference over a year.

Shipping costs can be a frustration for sure. I always remember a great tip I got when I was just getting into selling online... "the fastest way to go broke in business is with shipping...". We had been discussing whether to offer free shipping as well as underestimating cost...so, no worries about shipping cost to me if/when you get more cells. That's factored into my view of the price.

I eventually moved
to using http://www.Endicia.com for postage. They used to offer slightly lower postage rates and so-so insurance rates. I changed to using either http://www.u-pic.com to cover all my shipments. There is also PIPINSURE.COM for parcel insurance.

The change to 3rd party parcel insurance actually turned shipping charges into a profit center as I still charged for insurance in the shipping rates from USPS when calculating shipping charges. It's a shockingly significant difference over a year.
From my research Click N Ship Business Pro(USPS free software that deducts postage fees directly from a bank account) provides the best postal rates -especially if you utilize First Class Package service. I ship a lot of small parts this way every week.

Also, in regards to UPS - if you can get into "Negotiated Rates" relationship with UPS there can be substantial rate reductions for the shipper.

Hey Craig, I know shipping can be a pain and costly. I might be interested in 8 and I travel in my camper van so I can meet up if you are up for that. What state are you located in?

Thanks Craig. I currently have 400ah of lifepo4 in my camper van but looking to sell this van and build a smaller one that can fit in my garage. If I go that route, I'll for sure be in touch and could meet up with you in San Jose as I'm in Las Vegas.

Thanks Craig. I currently have 400ah of lifepo4 in my camper van but looking to sell this van and build a smaller one that can fit in my garage. If I go that route, I'll for sure be in touch and could meet up with you in San Jose as I'm in Las Vegas.
Do you know the way to San Jose .... LOL

Wish I even knew if mine were shipped
Not yet you are 8th of 9 on the list to be shipped. I wIll be shipping more tomorrow. It takes nearly an hour to prepare each batch for shipping I am going as fast as I can. They do have packaging requirements I have to meet. Even if they are the same as I received them repacking them takes a bit of time.

@Craig .... just curious if you got any bad ones?
I have some that test to 279Ah and change but every one is within about 2 ah of each other. If I sold them again I would advertise 275AH just so that I could be sure every one had clearly more than stated capacity. But i figure being off by less than 1/2 percent is acceptable.

Reactions: rkw
I have some that test to 279Ah and change but every one is within about 2 ah of each other. If I sold them again I would advertise 275AH just so that I could be sure every one had clearly more than stated capacity. But i figure being off by less than 1/2 percent is acceptable.
Thanks Craig .... don't think too many would complain about that. It is well within the margin of error for the test equipment.

Received my 8 cells yesterday afternoon. Very well packed which was a good thing as two of the four boxes were beat up. Cells are in good condition. Unfortunately I have a couple of more pressing things to take care of so I can only devote an hour here and there for my build. At least now I can move forward as time allows. Thank you Craig!

Not yet you are 8th of 9 on the list to be shipped. I wIll be shipping more tomorrow. It takes nearly an hour to prepare each batch for shipping I am going as fast as I can. They do have packaging requirements I have to meet. Even if they are the same as I received them repacking them takes a bit of time.

I guess that makes me last? :sneaky:

Hey Craig, if you do more orders and have enough people along the west coast between LA and Seattle, I would be willing to pick up and deliver to people for a reasonable price if you have a large enough quantity. Could possibly deliver to other areas if there are large enough quantities to make it reasonable. Let me know if you want to talk.

Back