diy solar

diy solar

Wow, I paid $270 each last fall with a discount. Today on Amazon they are $189 each

Bigbillsd

I called Renogy, and they cannot match this Amazon deal, they still can only get them down to $270 buying direct, thats what I paid last September. I have 4 of these flat mounted, glued with Sikaflex 252, on my fiberglass RV roof. The most power I have seen is 550 watts from the 640 w installed. (but they are flat without any airspace) I am buying another 4 to be able to fully charge LiFePo4 batts I will be buying this winter. I don't know how long this deal is for so I will be buying mine as soon as my CC switches to the new month. :) I think that is tomorrow or Sunday.

I though the $189 price was really good till I bought them just prior to Black Friday for $159.99 each. YAHOO!

-Bill (i posted this in the Online deals section, but it seems to be in the Sell you own stuff section instead. oh well.

Last edited:
You link contains an affiliate marketing tag. tag=misccan2019-20

I just ordered three 200 Watt flex monocrystaline solar panels, with MC4 connectors, on Ali Express. They were 82.00 each delivered to the USA. I expect to get them in a week and I'll post my review of them.

Care.
Linked panel=0.64m²

Best panels: 175 W/m2
80W panel = 0.51m2
100W panel = 0.64m2
120W panel = 0.77m2
150W panel = 0.96m2
160W panel = 1.02m2
200W panel = 1.28m2
250W panel = 1.59m2

I just ordered three 200 Watt flex monocrystaline solar panels, with MC4 connectors, on Ali Express. They were 82.00 each delivered to the USA. I expect to get them in a week and I'll post my review of them.

You may be surprised to learn that those are really just 100w panels. It seems to be a scam. I was looking at ordering them also but was very sceptical or their ability to get 300watts from the same size panel as everyone else was getting 100w. I didn't order. Let us know what you receive.

The flex panels use top of the line cells and are cleaved via hydrogen atoms. Those CAN be real world numbers. Just putting them in the cleaver adds a good amount to cost. Most flex panels Ive seen are grade A with unknown your gonna get funked substrates. You should always think of them as disposable.

You may be surprised to learn that those are really just 100w panels. It seems to be a scam. I was looking at ordering them also but was very sceptical or their ability to get 300watts from the same size panel as everyone else was getting 100w. I didn't order. Let us know what you receive.
I had yet to post my results, so here they are:
I got the panels form Ali. Packaged ok. I opened the pack and the quality of the panel was average. One of the corner grommets had already come loose during shipping.
I tested the panels on separate days and they maxed out at 119 watts.
I took some pictures as proof, contacted the seller and requested a refund. A day later I got my money back and the panel was mine to keep.
No real harm done, it's now a learning experience. I'm doing a video on this test and the whole buying process.
In retrospect, if the measurements of the panel dimensions are that of a 100 Watt panel, it's probably closer to that than what they advertised than a 200 watt panel. You can't get blood from a stone at flex efficiencies.

In the mean time, I have found a source and ordered some 200 Watt glass panels. I got them two days ago and are top qualityPanelSpecs.jpeghey are rock solid, supreme quality and construction and test out over 213 Watts. My Company is considering private labeling them for resale. Price point is under $200.00 delivered to the CONUS.

Back