diy solar

diy solar

Wrong Brand Inverter in Box Grindel not Power TechOn 3000w Sine Wave

rkw

I'm bummed...had big changes I had to make for RV. Replaced worn out DuroStar 3500w with Champion Inverter 4000w with wireless remote (it's just flat fun! and I can run the thing from bed). Added new AGM 200ah Renogy and splurged for a long needed 3000w inverter.

Weeeeelllll, Amazon Warehouse took a swing & a miss. There is a Griandel 3000/6000w not the GoWise/Power-On 3000/6000w I was paying for...tgis happened to me once on a new DSLR about 7 or 8 years ago.

I learned people actually swap older model for new or different brands and pretty much always get away with it....so tomorrow is a long wait on Amazon support. At least they are good about these
things because I sure don't want he Giandel anything.

So much for saving the $80...guess it was the solar power gawds telling me not time for new inverter just yet...at least noticed now not after an install.

I have had that problem with Amazon before. I did not have much delay in getting return label or refund when I reported on line for a return. About the only reason I continue to shop Amazon WareHouse.

Reactions: rkw
Thanks for the positive vibes. I'm like you no worries with Amazon as a rule. It was both funny and frustrating. I had this dang inverter open sitting on table next to the box. ANd it wasn't until last night that what felt "off" about it from when I first took it out of the box. The Styrofoam didn't seem to quite fit the inverter, seemed like inverter was too short and moved a bit . Then I had that classic "wow I cudda had a V8" moment while checking on some specs...I laughed and felt so lazy to not have noticed.

On good not new generator and AGM seem to be running great. OK, need to call Amazon...oh, it was sold in Like-New condition and was not even close with marks in mounting holes and a scuff on the edge through to the metal. SO not imn like-new, shame on you Amazon Warehouse. winkwink, Love-hate Amazon and Prime.

unfortunately returns staff at amazon are not really skilled in this stuff and people stiff Amazon all the time, its such a big company.......but Amazon will make it right, you barely need a reason to return something. I have had to return a few things that were not suitable, and file a complaint against a former seller on Amazon but Amazon has always made it right, even if they have to eat it. For an eye opener go to an Amazon warehouse and buy a huge crate of returns for pennies on the dollar, there will be treasures in there that will pay for the entire lot. They have too much volume to fix or make it right so they “as is” it out the door and move on, their volume is staggering.

Back