diy solar

diy solar

wrong voltages showing in bms

harleyhawk22

Currently have 3 Daly BMS 16 cell 150 amp running in parallel. 2 of them constantly show that 2 cells have voltage too high (5.00) and 1 -2 cells with voltage too low (1.00 - 2). When you check at the lead ends they show 3.2 or 3.3 which is correct. Any suggestions? we currently are trying to live off grid.

Clean your terminals as best you can with a scotchbrite (or similar) pad, do the same for all the bus bar connections, and BMS lead wires. I would also use a multimeter to check the resistance between the end of your voltage sense leads and the female points of the JST connector on the other end.

Also recommend making sure the BMS leads are all connected, and connected in the correct order. After that, may need to recrimp the leads.

Last edited:
Currently have 3 Daly BMS 16 cell 150 amp running in parallel. 2 of them constantly show that 2 cells have voltage too high (5.00) and 1 -2 cells with voltage too low (1.00 - 2). When you check at the lead ends they show 3.2 or 3.3 which is correct. Any suggestions? we currently are trying to live off grid.

Is this three BMS on the same set of cells? Or do you have three batteries, each 16s?

Its possible the BMS leads are connected to the cells in the wrong place. Disconnect from the BMS at connector, remove all leads and start again connecting in the correct order.

Mike

Each pin working away from ground goes up 3.2 or 3.3 depending on state of charge. whoever on 2 dif battery's (both 48v) i get 5v not on cable that is correct but in bt bms shutting off as says 2 cells to hi,

Ok people appreciate the help but please read before reply
I take black lead on tester to black lead on connectors . testing right were connecter attaches to bms 1 one is 3.2 2 6.4 ..... all read as should be. I thought of bad connections and if readings were low would clean terminal as a dirty terminal would show low voltage not hi
to clarify this is 3 280amp 48v battery's. I searched and search for light board connect had it it got ship wrong address now they have none

Its possible the BMS leads are connected to the cells in the wrong place. Disconnect from the BMS at connector, remove all leads and start again connecting in the correct order.

Mike
as stated ive checked at lead top all are correct

Ok people appreciate the help but please read before reply
I take black lead on tester to black lead on connectors . testing right were connecter attaches to bms 1 one is 3.2 2 6.4 ..... all read as should be. I thought of bad connections and if readings were low would clean terminal as a dirty terminal would show low voltage not hi
to clarify this is 3 280amp 48v battery's. I searched and search for light board connect had it it got ship wrong address now they have none
Light board?

Are you talking about the LED Display for those or the dumb SOC meter?

There are hundreds available on AliExpress unless my eyes deceive me..

Back