diy solar

diy solar

WVC 1200 Wireless set-up

1961sismith

I have x3 WVC 1200 micro inverters installed on my system & want to hook up the wireless data connection.
Having looked at the Kaideng website it would seem that I need to fit a 433Mhz wireless modem, however I'm struggling to actually find one.
Has anyone got these inverters & hooked up the wireless data connection? If so what modem have they used & where did they get it?
I'm located in the UK but realise I may have to buy globally.
TIA

I don't know what ports are available on your box, but if you have a USB port available you might try a
  • WiFi Module Remote Monitoring for Growatt SPF LVM 120V/240V Solar Inverter, 50m Long RangeFencia WiFi Module Remote Monitoring for Growatt SPF LVM 120V/240V Solar Inverter, 50m Long Range

I don't know what ports are available on your box, but if you have a USB port available you might try a
  • WiFi Module Remote Monitoring for Growatt SPF LVM 120V/240V Solar Inverter, 50m Long RangeFencia WiFi Module Remote Monitoring for Growatt SPF LVM 120V/240V Solar Inverter, 50m Long Range
Hi. Unfortunately there are no ports available, however having dug a bit deeper on the manufacturer's website I have located & ordered the modem. It appears to be a specific model that links to their cloud database.
Coming from China so will have to sit & wait.

I have x3 WVC 1200 micro inverters installed on my system & want to hook up the wireless data connection.
Having looked at the Kaideng website it would seem that I need to fit a 433Mhz wireless modem, however I'm struggling to actually find one.
Has anyone got these inverters & hooked up the wireless data connection? If so what modem have they used & where did they get it?
I'm located in the UK but realise I may have to buy globally.
TIA

sorry for an off topic question, if u dont mind me asking, how's your wvc 1200 holding up? what kind of efficiency are you getting out of it?

thanks!

sorry for an off topic question, if u dont mind me asking, how's your wvc 1200 holding up? what kind of efficiency are you getting out of it?

thanks!
Hi. I have 12 300w panels set up as 3 strings of 4, each with a WVC 1200 and are now around 1 year old. What I have noticed recently is that the MPPT doesn't lock in once the output rises to around 600w on a particular string so my total output rarely rises above 1.8kw. This seems more pronounced on hot sunny days. This was why I wanted to hook up the data logging to see if it is an issue with the panels or the inverters.
The data logger modem is specific to WVC, I managed to source one through Aliexpress which was faulty so I'm now waiting for a replacement unit.
Do you have WVC inverters or are you looking to get them?

Hi. I have 12 300w panels set up as 3 strings of 4, each with a WVC 1200 and are now around 1 year old. What I have noticed recently is that the MPPT doesn't lock in once the output rises to around 600w on a particular string so my total output rarely rises above 1.8kw. This seems more pronounced on hot sunny days. This was why I wanted to hook up the data logging to see if it is an issue with the panels or the inverters.
The data logger modem is specific to WVC, I managed to source one through Aliexpress which was faulty so I'm now waiting for a replacement unit.
Do you have WVC inverters or are you looking to get them?

thanks!

i got one a few weeks ago from Amazon. I've been monitoring it with my Emporia Vue, i never saw the wattage being higher than 450w (my array has 2x 260w and 2x 300w).

on a typical day, i get only a little more than 2kwh out of it and i was wondering if it is normal.

thanks!

i got one a few weeks ago from Amazon. I've been monitoring it with my Emporia Vue, i never saw the wattage being higher than 450w (my array has 2x 260w and 2x 300w).

on a typical day, i get only a little more than 2kwh out of it and i was wondering if it is normal.
Have you tried just running one panel at a time to see what each panel is capable of? Pick a good sunny day and see what each single panel will produce on its own & try one panel in each microinverter port. Could be a dodgy panel or one of the microinverters?
I'm no expert and sure there are others here who can advise better but you'll never get 100% from an array as there are so many variables that affect output. Yesterday's weather here for example (Buckinghamshire, UK) was a mix of sun and cloud, my 3.6kw system produced just under 12kwh total for the day and peak output was 1.6kw so in theory only around 50% efficiency. To be honest I don't know if that's good, bad or average but the array provides an annual average of 50% of our electricity consumption. If I installed more pylon batteries it would be closer to 70% as I'm currently dumping around 20% to the grid.

Have you tried just running one panel at a time to see what each panel is capable of? Pick a good sunny day and see what each single panel will produce on its own & try one panel in each microinverter port. Could be a dodgy panel or one of the microinverters?
I'm no expert and sure there are others here who can advise better but you'll never get 100% from an array as there are so many variables that affect output. Yesterday's weather here for example (Buckinghamshire, UK) was a mix of sun and cloud, my 3.6kw system produced just under 12kwh total for the day and peak output was 1.6kw so in theory only around 50% efficiency. To be honest I don't know if that's good, bad or average but the array provides an annual average of 50% of our electricity consumption. If I installed more pylon batteries it would be closer to 70% as I'm currently dumping around 20% to the grid.
thanks! yeah i dont expect 100%, but didnt expect it to be too low either. I'll test each panel as u suggested. thanks again.

I have the WVC 700R3 433Mhz Model and used the cloud intelligence app on my cell phone. May I ask how long have you used this Inverter because what I have lasted 3 days. From day one the unit was very very hot, on the 3rd day it just did not work.

I have the WVC 700R3 433Mhz Model and used the cloud intelligence app on my cell phone. May I ask how long have you used this Inverter because what I have lasted 3 days. From day one the unit was very very hot, on the 3rd day it just did not work.
I have 3 WVC 12000 inverters and have been using them for about a year. Mine are installed inside and can run very hot depending on the array output so I installed small cooling fans controlled by W1209 temperature switches. My issue is that the inverters now seem unable to lock in the MPPT when the array output goes over approx 50%. Unfortunately trying to deal with warranty from a chinese company is an almost impossible task.
I'm tempted to try another inverter but don't know which brand to go for?

I have 3 WVC 12000 inverters and have been using them for about a year. Mine are installed inside and can run very hot depending on the array output so I installed small cooling fans controlled by W1209 temperature switches. My issue is that the inverters now seem unable to lock in the MPPT when the array output goes over approx 50%. Unfortunately trying to deal with warranty from a chinese company is an almost impossible task.
I'm tempted to try another inverter but don't know which brand to go for?
please keep me informed because my unit went out on day 3, I will not even try to deal with the Chinese seller. The only reason I went with this exact model is I am having a problem locating a Inverter that works with my panel. "Please see my other post" I have hopes someone has tried a DC-DC converter "Buck" between the panel and the inverter. I would like to know if it worked.

Back