diy solar

diy solar

Xiaoxiang app users on android

craz z

So pulled my hair out for half the day today. Just wanted to share what I ran into.

This is for android users only.

My phone has been pestering me to update to android 10 and I finally accepted. Just like any old update everything is like nothing happened however i have noticed my new phones battery life has begun to plummet as there are many many angry android 10 complaints about that.

Anyway I haven't checked in with my battery via xiaoxiang app in awhile. To my surprise it wouldn't connect. I went through everything under the sun to reconnect an was beginning to panic. clearing cache force stopping apps uninstall reinstall. It kept saying this app was made for a different version android system. Great how do i roll it back. looked into that and way above my pay grade. dumped bluetooth force stopping doing all this nonsense.

Even got out my older S5 and was able to connect just fine. Was thinking it was all about this latest OS upgrade

OUT OF NOWHERE. I tapped the location button I don't know why it was off but it was. BOOM fixed it.

I think being that this was developed for ebikes and uses a speed section in the app. It clearly will only function with gps or location on.
I spent all day trying to figure out what to do. So make sure bluetooth is on and location is on.

also for those that have params setting issues. do 1 change at a time or it likes to crash but it will update and hold your custom settings. I would advise writing down all the original settings before getting to wild in changing them. I think the only changes i've made was on the upper voltage limit bring it down to 13.7 for max cycle life. along with running the balancer at a slightly lower state of charge.

Sounds like a hassle. Luckily the MaYi-BMS app hasnt done anything too creepy on my android.

Thank you so much for your post Craz z - I was having the same issue with the BMS not connecting via Bluetooth on Android (showed available in device Bluetooth menu but Xiaoxiang app couldn't see it). I had given the app permission to see my location as requested but once I actually enabled GPS/location services on the phone it suddenly showed up.

Right on target. I upgraded from the standard Playstore version of the Xiaoxiang app for the admin version and decided to just use one of my old phones w/o a SIM, just as a dedicated meter. Hey, it's just on BT anyway so it's got to be close. After installing it wouldn't connect. After reading this thread I turned on the location and it connected immediately. Perfect! Thanks for sharing Craz z and confirmation DesertCruiser!

Back