diy solar

diy solar

Xiaoxiang BMS app showing 95% SOC in the morning when it was at 55% yesterday?

cmpct_cmpr

Hi folks,

I am monitoring my DIY 230Ah LiFePO4 battery bank with the Xioxiang App (iOS).

It builds a Bluetooth connection to the JBD-SP04S028-L4S-150A BMS.

Yesterday evening the SOC was around 55%, this morning it was 95%, at > 200 Ah, while it was at around 145 Ah last night.

As I can almost certainly rule out extraordinary solar activity between 10pm and 8am, I am inclined that the App or the BMS messed this up.

The (4) single cells are around 3.27V, somewhere between 40% and 60% which would be reasonable.

How did that happen, and more important - how can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance,

Cmpct

Run full charge discharge irrelevant what you set for high and low cell voltage....once it runs through this it will reset every time with new Ah ratings depending on your pack SOH

If the BMS is new, it could have "learnt" the battery and is now displaying correctly. You know by your usage if that is reasonable. For me I could reasonably be at 95% had I started the night with a full battery pack and left the inverter on overnight. Like you said though, your votlage points to SOC not being correct.

I have my RV in storage with the battery shut off for a month and checked on it today and I am at 47% SOC and at 3.29 volts per cell average.

If the BMS is wrong, I have found nothing you can do to "reset" the SOC to the correct reading on the Xiaoxiang BMS app. I have inaccurate SOC readings on my Xiaoxiang App, but on the low side on one BMS and good enoguh on the other BMS. I rely on a Victron Shunt for truth data.

Hope someone can actually help you.

Run full charge discharge irrelevant what you set for high and low cell voltage....once it runs through this it will reset every time with new Ah ratings depending on your pack SOH
Thanks, gonna give it a try.

I had decent readings for a few days though. Could see how much was put into the battery during the day, used some appliances, could see the numbers going down.

Seems that some kind of reset happened, that set the percentage to almost 100%.

One of my JBD systems randomly shows up incorrect SOC, not too worried as use a Victron battery monitor. JBD SOC can be reset via the app.

Mike

I am inclined that the App or the BMS messed this up.
For what it's worth, the app just reads the data from the BMS. It's most likely a BMS thing. I trust my Victron shunt reading more than my JBD BMS reading. My JBD BMS tripped out on overcurrent one time and zapped my BMS SOC reading. My Victron SOC stayed true.

One of my JBD systems randomly shows up incorrect SOC, not too worried as use a Victron battery monitor. JBD SOC can be reset via the app.

Mike
I can’t seem to find any sort of reset for SOC on my Overkill rebreathers JBD BMS on the XIangXOng App. I can’ find it in any instructions or on line searches either.

Where did you fid that?

Touch the menu "bars," then select "Function Setting." Touch the "Reset Capacity" bar at the top of the page.
I don't have that on the iPad version. I don't have menu bars and the closest I have to what you describe is after I enter the main screen for a batter is the reset button which will reset the Max volts, Max Charge, Max Watts, Min Volts and Max discharge and won't do anything to the state of charge.

Edit:

This pic is off the demo screen of the iPad app:
1655172767342.png

It does sound like it reset. It will do that if you change _any_ parameters, or disconnect and reconnect it. There might be other causes. If you are still tweaking anything in the BMS, then that's probably it.

The Victron smartshunt and BMV-4?? do a better job so that's what I use.

Your cells are way out of balance, did you balance the cells before building the battery?

You may have interconnection or cell issues.

Some of the cells are full, others empty. If the reported voltages are correct you have serious issues with the battery.

Do the cell volts measured with a meter match the BMS app readings?

As it stands it will be useless as a power source.

Mike

Your cells are way out of balance, did you balance the cells before building the battery?

You may have interconnection or cell issues.

Some of the cells are full, others empty. If the reported voltages are correct you have serious issues with the battery.

Do the cell volts measured with a meter match the BMS app readings?

As it stands it will be useless as a power source.

Mike
If you're referring to this, I used the BMS Demo app, so not a real pack. The demo is way out of balance.
1655244782736.png

OK, fools rush in and all that. Totally missed the demo screen comment.
Mike

OK, fools rush in and all that. Totally missed the demo screen comment.
Mike
Should have searched for a correct pic Of my own cells and BMS. Bad pic on my pet and the terribly out of balanc cells is a bot detracting from what I’m reallly looking for which is how to reset the State of Carge refining. For the life of me, I can’t find a button for “Reset SOC” and after months of use, one of my BMSs still has not to reset.

Back