diy solar

diy solar

Xiaoxiang BMS app/software update from wnsnty.xyz????

kmcintyre

I see that the above website wnsnty.xyz has a new version of the Xiaoxiang app for the BMS. Anyone know if these guys are legit? Their version numbers imply they are about 4-5 releases further along than the version you download via google play store.

Anyone tried it?

thanks,
Kevin

Ok. I took a chance that this was legit and downloaded and installed. No issues so far :). Seems to be working and has a bit of UI changes from the orig. version I had which was a few releases old on an Android 11 OS.

As I recall, the version I'm using came from the Overkill Solar website and was one version newer than what was on the Play store. What I'm using works, but it has some quirks. I've been using it on Android 10 and 11.

As I recall, the version I'm using came from the Overkill Solar website and was one version newer than what was on the Play store. What I'm using works, but it has some quirks. I've been using it on Android 10 and 11.
I downloaded v3.1.1021 from the above website. No quirks yet?

Ok. I take it all back. Now I can't read parameters, it crashes/hangs, etc. I guess I should have just kept what I had. I might just uninstall and reinstall the old version or I may continue to try the new version. I'm going to try and unlink and relink my bluetooth.

Last edited:
No worries. I just don't know if they funny test it or ??? Could be me too.

They only test it in production.
rage_computer.gif

Ok. I'm not sure what I did but after numerous relinks, etc. it seems to be working. One thing I need to check is the location of my bluetooth module. I'm thinking it might have been to close to the battery cables as things seems to start working once charging was turned off. Coincidence?

I see that the above website wnsnty.xyz has a new version of the Xiaoxiang app for the BMS. Anyone know if these guys are legit? Their version numbers imply they are about 4-5 releases further along than the version you download via google play store.

Anyone tried it?

thanks,
Kevin
They seem to link to official versions, so I'd say it is legit.

Ok. I'm not sure what I did but after numerous relinks, etc. it seems to be working. One thing I need to check is the location of my bluetooth module. I'm thinking it might have been to close to the battery cables as things seems to start working once charging was turned off. Coincidence?

My bluetooth module is maybe 4" from my 2/0 cable and the three 8 awg BMS cables.

I'm glad I found this thread. I got 3.1.1015 from the Overkill website, and found 3.1.1021 on wnsnty.xyz as @kmcintyre said. I was just about to install it, but I decided to look here to see if anyone had tried it. I think I'll stay with the version Overkill gave me.

I just ran version 26 from the website and it seems to work pretty well. You MUST uninstall the older version first. The Google play store version is worthless and only a monitor. the Build 26 is usefull

I just ran version 26 from the website and it seems to work pretty well. You MUST uninstall the older version first. The Google play store version is worthless and only a monitor. the Build 26 is usefull
What is your estimation of the data rape coefficient?

Hey @DENWA - Where did you find version 26? I assume you are saying the version is 3.1.1026? The newest one on the wnsnty.xyz is still 3.1.1021. I'm willing to try 3.1.1026 if I can find it.

I've found several apps on Google Play that work with my 150A JBD BMS boards.

For viewing only, there's Polinovel 2.0 (1.0.12), Liontron 1.2.2, Liontron 3.1.004, Solmax 3.1.002 and xiaoxiang BMS 3.1.1014.

For full access to settings there's Carplounge BMS 3.1.1015 that was released last August. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carplounge.bms

Of the many apk's not on Google Play, 3.1.1026 is the latest I've used. Specifically it's xiaoxiang 3.1.1026.27.apk and you get it from Jiabaida's (JBD's) website.

I have the two Liontron apps, Polinovel, Solmax, Carplounge and xiaoxiang 3.1.1026.27 all currently installed on my phone. My preference is the Carplounge app because (1) it gives full access to settings, (2) it displays an extra digit for total pack voltage & (3) it comes from Google Play.

The best Bluetooth modules are the green color modules branded JDB. I have the blue color no brand modules also but swapped them out for the green modules. Bluetooth range is tremendously increased using the new modules with my 150A JBD BMS boards.

Thanks for that summary WingNut.

The Xiaoxiang app on the Google Play Store is out of date. I wonder if it was put there by someone other than JBD. You would think they would keep their own app updated on the site where it would be most commonly downloaded from.

Where did you find the newest version of the app on the JBD site? I poked around but didn't find it.

I think it's the same developer but they decided to offer a view only version.

On Google Play, xiaoxiang BMS 3.1.1014 is view only, you can't change settings. Carplounge BMS 3.1.1015 is full access and works well.

This link works for me http://www.jiabaida.com/xiaoxiang.apk for the latest apk.

The 1015 version of the APK installed once I downloaded it. The version in the link was a zip file. I extracted the zip and it produced a xiaoxiang.apk file which appears to be a directory with a bunch of other files. But the .apk file doesn't do anything when I click on it. I had to rename the .zip to not have the .zip on the end and then it installed.

Just an FYI for those not familiar with what the file was.

The 1015 version of the APK installed once I downloaded it. The version in the link was a zip file. I extracted the zip and it produced a xiaoxiang.apk file which appears to be a directory with a bunch of other files. But the .apk file doesn't do anything when I click on it. I had to rename the .zip to not have the .zip on the end and then it installed.

Just an FYI for those not familiar with what the file was.
The zipped file is older and got flagged as possibly having a virus by Windows Security last time I tried to download it.

http://www.jiabaida.com/xiaoxiang.apk is a direct link to xiaoxiang 3.1.1026.27.apk

Back