diy solar

diy solar

Xiaoxiang BMS app/software update from wnsnty.xyz????

I've noticed in each of the available app variants the voltage displayed for individual cells can vary from app to app. All of them are different than my multimeter, which I trust. Overkill's pdf talks about calibrating cell voltages and even shows a screen to do so, but I can't find any way to do that on any of the app variants.

Anybody else found a way to calibrate the display? There's a lot going on in the BMS that the various apps do and don't address. The fact that OverKill's pdf says that it is possible suggests that the BMS is able to be customized, but nobody brings that capability out on the app?

Thanks,

I've noticed in each of the available app variants the voltage displayed for individual cells can vary from app to app. All of them are different than my multimeter, which I trust. Overkill's pdf talks about calibrating cell voltages and even shows a screen to do so, but I can't find any way to do that on any of the app variants.

Anybody else found a way to calibrate the display? There's a lot going on in the BMS that the various apps do and don't address. The fact that OverKill's pdf says that it is possible suggests that the BMS is able to be customized, but nobody brings that capability out on the app?

Thanks,
I bought the USB interface from Overkill, so that I can run the PC software. It allowed me to calibrate my BMS cell voltages. I have an Android phone, and I believe Overkill specifically says that it doesn't provide the calibrate function, but that the iPhone app does. That's going from memory though.

I guess I haven't noticed a difference between the various Android apps. Not sure how that could be, since they are just reading the numbers from the BMS and displaying them. I have actually tested my multimeter with a voltage reference, so - like you - I trust my multimeter. Of my 8 cells, only one was off by more than a millivolt or two, and that one was off by 9-10 millivolts. So I hooked up the PC software to the BMS and recalibrated that one. It's been pretty much spot on with my multimeter since then.

Last edited:
Mine are consistently off by around 5 mV, across the board. One of the cells may a little more, one may be a little less. I suppose I'll just make up the difference in my head over time, but I thought it might be nice to true it up in an attempt to be true to my anal retentive nature. :oops:

Thanks for the info.

Q!

Mine are consistently off by around 5 mV, across the board. One of the cells may a little more, one may be a little less. I suppose I'll just make up the difference in my head over time, but I thought it might be nice to true it up in an attempt to be true to my anal retentive nature. :oops:

Thanks for the info.

Q!
I understand your issue. I'm OCD enough that at first I didn't like the most recent Android version of the App because the graphical display of how full the cells were was scaled - I assume - for LiPo or other higher voltage cells, so even when my cells were at 70-80% they showed as yellow, and never really showed as green. I hated that, but got used to it because that version of the app has more other features. I just had to get over it.

I've often wondered if that little blue bar (near 0%) is supposed to move around the "dial" or maybe even into the "green" showing the % charge?
On the latest version 3.1.1026 the padlock is replaced with a current (amp) meter and the dial does move around to indicate the amps. I'm guessing originally it would've indicated speed for the ebike applications.

I found this thread in Google and I thought I would drop in and say hello :)

I made those pages on wnsnty.xyz because the official downloads (at least when I first created the pages) were a mess and all over the place. Kinda still are, considering that the jiabaida.com doesn't tell you what version you're downloading (it's still 3.1.1026 as of writing this). I actually dislike that jiabaida.com's download is now a generic xiaoxiang.apk, because it means that newer versions are liable to appear and disappear, meaning that there could have been a version 3.1.1025, but they replaced the download with 3.1.1026.

The downloads page on my website links to the original download locations where possible. My mirrors on Google Drive are a backup of the official files with the names cleaned up. It's there just so there is an convenient archive of the various versions.

Hope this sheds some light, cheers :)

I found this thread in Google and I thought I would drop in and say hello :)

I made those pages on wnsnty.xyz because the official downloads (at least when I first created the pages) were a mess and all over the place. Kinda still are, considering that the jiabaida.com doesn't tell you what version you're downloading (it's still 3.1.1026 as of writing this). I actually dislike that jiabaida.com's download is now a generic xiaoxiang.apk, because it means that newer versions are liable to appear and disappear, meaning that there could have been a version 3.1.1025, but they replaced the download with 3.1.1026.

The downloads page on my website links to the original download locations where possible. My mirrors on Google Drive are a backup of the official files with the names cleaned up. It's there just so there is an convenient archive of the various versions.

Hope this sheds some light, cheers :)
Thanks for the info! I'm still a bit confused as your site states "Version 3.1.1021 is now out, targeting android 10 and above." but 3.1.1026 is the current version?

Yeah I
Thanks for the info! I'm still a bit confused as your site states "Version 3.1.1021 is now out, targeting android 10 and above." but 3.1.1026 is the current version?
That's fixed now. To be completely honest, I didn't know there was a newer version out there until I had issues with 3.1.1021 and started google searching for a newer version this morning. Not sure if it's a Samsung specific issue, but I'm having issues with the current versions of the app on Android 11. Specifically, the app sometimes gets stuck on a white screen when opening the app and a BMS is already paired. Reinstalling, clearing cache/data only helps until the app is closed again.

Might be stuck waiting for a new version again, just like with Android 10, where the app was completely broken for months.

I'm running Android 11, and I don't seem to have any real problem with 3.1.1026. I've seen it going to a white screen on startup every now and then, but I just exit and restart the app and it is fine.

I'm running Android 11, and I don't seem to have any real problem with 3.1.1026. I've seen it going to a white screen on startup every now and then, but I just exit and restart the app and it is fine.
Yeah, it's weirdly inconsistent for me, sometimes its drops me on the white page multiples times in a row, sometimes it shows the white page a couple seconds then its fine, then sometimes it loses pairing and I have to start over :/ I don't think I've used a version of this app that doesn't have some weird quirk to it.

Yeah, it's weirdly inconsistent for me, sometimes its drops me on the white page multiples times in a row, sometimes it shows the white page a couple seconds then its fine, then sometimes it loses pairing and I have to start over :/ I don't think I've used a version of this app that doesn't have some weird quirk to it.
Ok, I guess it's just not me :).... I'm not actually sure who maintains the app but it works most of the time so for now, I'm good.

@wnsnty , thanks for dropping in. Don't be a stranger.

I'm on the latest version on the app on Android. No major issues for me.
There's a lot of neat stuff in this forum, I've got a soft spot for energy generation and storage.
On the latest version 3.1.1026 the padlock is replaced with a current (amp) meter and the dial does move around to indicate the amps. I'm guessing originally it would've indicated speed for the ebike applications.
They moved the padlock because there was a bug with it in versions that had it. If you switched the app to display speed it would use gps to determine whether you were moving or not. If you were moving, the padlock would turn into a speed indicator. The problem arises when you have a phone with a weak gps signal or a terrible gps receiver. Then the app would constantly display speed even when you're not moving, preventing you from turning the battery off.

Back