diy solar

diy solar

Xiaoxiang V3.1.1026

mystic pizza

What is the password option for in this android App supposed to do please. I have set a code but it doesn't appear to do anything.

I am concerned someone can access my BMS data via bluetooth.

Thanks you

What is the password option for in this android App supposed to do please. I have set a code but it doesn't appear to do anything.

I am concerned someone can access my BMS data via bluetooth.

Thanks you

Some people who have looked into it more than I have indicated that the password is really only used by the app on your phone. It is not actually used by the BMS.

From the indications, it is more of a pairing pass code to tell the app which one to connect too. If a new BMS shows up it will prompt you, otherwise it just connects.

123456 is what they say to use. I couldnt get the app to work and show all the info. I found that the CarplugloungeBMS app works perfictly.

Some people who have looked into it more than I have indicated that the password is really only used by the app on your phone. It is not actually used by the BMS.

From the indications, it is more of a pairing pass code to tell the app which one to connect too. If a new BMS shows up it will prompt you, otherwise it just connects.
Thanks for the reply. So, short of removing the BT module from the BMS, do you know of any way to prevent the casual passer by from accessing my BMS and playing with the settings, potentially wrecking the batteries?

If no such safe guard exists, presumably that is a huge loophole in the device that needs addressing?

123456 is what they say to use. I couldnt get the app to work and show all the info. I found that the CarplugloungeBMS app works perfictly.
Thanks for that. I think I set a pass code. It just doesn't appear to do anything.

After several frustrating hours playing with the App, I discovered that location settings needed to be turned on for the phone to connect with the BT module.

I have downloaded the app you suggested. At first glance it looks similar to the xioaxiang one. Is there any difference between them?

passcode, no I am just learning, first hook up today. Info found on the web.
I dont know from what I read they look the same and I found others using the CarplugloungeBMS app.

How accurate do you find the app? I bought 280ah batteries to make a 12v batteriy. I charged it all night and this morning I found the charger at 100% It was a agm charger and the battery voltage at 13.4v but the app says 128 ah Remaining.

How accurate do you find the app? I bought 280ah batteries to make a 12v batteriy. I charged it all night and this morning I found the charger at 100% It was a agm charger and the battery voltage at 13.4v but the app says 128 ah Remaining.
Too early to say. I am still in the process of balancing the cells prior to doing a capacity test.

Are your cells properly top balanced or bottom balanced?

The 128AH remaining means the BMS thinks you have put 128 amp hours into the battery. It will get more accurate after a cycle or two, but 13.4v won't get you charged, and you need to get higher for that. You can calibrate the shunt in the BMS using the PC software, mine got much more accurate when I did. If properly top balanced and reasonably matched cells, charging to 13.8 or 14v works well.

The cells read 3.36, 3.35,3.35,3.36
The desktop app is only working if you have a com port connected. I do not.
Im charging now with a lipo4 charger but only 10 amps and it hasent gotten over 60%.
Battery voltage is 13.46V measured with a MM. and 13,4 on the app.
My BMS has B+, B-, and C-. I have C- connected to the charger and B+ to batt plus and B- connected to the Bat neg.

The cells read 3.36, 3.35,3.35,3.36
The desktop app is only working if you have a com port connected. I do not.
Im charging now with a lipo4 charger but only 10 amps and it hasent gotten over 60%.
Battery voltage is 13.46V measured with a MM. and 13,4 on the app.
My BMS has B+, B-, and C-. I have C- connected to the charger and B+ to batt plus and B- connected to the Bat neg.
It plugs into the same port as the Bluetooth, you just need the $7 adapter.

The 128AH remaining means the BMS thinks you have put 128 amp hours into the battery. It will get more accurate after a cycle or two, but 13.4v won't get you charged, and you need to get higher for that. You can calibrate the shunt in the BMS using the PC software, mine got much more accurate when I did. If properly top balanced and reasonably matched cells, charging to 13.8 or 14v works well.
How did you calibrate the BMS shunt.Is it just a case of hooking up an accurate ammeter?

Back