diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

Tried two different credit cards, contacted both issuing banks. Still won't go through. Any ideas? The seller is stumped, too.

If you tried two separate cards with the same response then obviously SELLER needs to be calling his Credit Card Acceptance company -- its something on his end...
I will pass that on to him. But I think the cards are run thru Alibaba, not individual seller's merchant accounts. Or maybe not. This is my first time using Alibaba.

Turns out it was my credit card company. They saw no hold on their end at first. But when I checked back later, I had to confirm multiple charge attempts to "Wholesale..." that they had declined. Once I did that, the charge went through.

Attachments

• alibaba payment success.JPG
    alibaba payment success.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 22
Thanks so much for the info. They told me the logistics company doesn't resume work until Feb 9, and asked if that was acceptable to me (it was). I was quoted USD 1050 and change for 8 280AH cells, 10 bus bars (at 80 cents/each), and shipping. Unfortunately, I keep getting an error when trying to pay via credit card. My credit card company says there is no problem, so I am still trouble shooting.
Yes, this is partly why I am delayed as well... So I am doing a direct transfer from my bank, it actually costs less (fees wise) I discovered yesterday… always happy to save wherever I can. Yes, some shutdowns have been extended in China due to the Coronavirus unfortunately.

Quicky update: I had enough of furtling with the payment system, rule of three exceeded. I chose the TT payment option & printed out the info, walked into my bank, transferred the money and by the time I got home I had the Alibaba receipt in my email already and the order is now being processed.

Last edited:
---edit: struck because source post was deleted
I do not appreciate such comments, they are bordering on racist crap and I have zero tolerance for it. If you have nothing of value to add, then restrain yourself. Think BEFORE hitting "post". And I am NOT of Asian Decent.

Last edited:
you take it the way you want but if you see something negative here , i think you are only fighting your own convictions.
I got only good experience when doing business with asian people, i cannot say the same with americans.

I do not appreciate such comments, they are bordering on racist crap and I have zero tolerance for it. If you have nothing of value to add, the restrain yourself. Think BEFORE hitting "post". And I am NOT of Asian Decent.

BUT I AM - and was about to leave him a message on behalf of 1.4 BILLION friends and relatives, BUT i think you covered it much more politely .....

Perhaps if people were more aware of the culture of other countries there would be less frustration when ordering.

I knew of the holiday and the business shut downs. I, however, googled "Business and the Chinese New Year" There were many responses. This one was very succinct. Chinese New Year and business

Chinese New Year shutdown 2020 timeline

Chinese New Year starts January 25, 2020, so suppliers will begin slowing down or stopping production a week or so before.

• Early January: Suppliers will begin to stop production.
  • Mid-January: Employees begin leaving the factories.
  • January 24: All employees have left the factory.
  • January 25: Chinese New Year.
  • Early February: Employees begin arriving back at the factories.
  • February 14: Most employees have returned.
  • February 21: Operations are almost back to normal.
I hope this helps clarify why shipping is slow.

If you think American Thanksgiving is big with travel and family visits, try it with 1.4 billion people. Plus a lot Chinese the world over travel visit family back in China. This is their big annual holiday.

Here is a little more about Chinese new Year.

Perhaps if people were more aware of the culture of other countries there would be less frustration when ordering.

I knew of the holiday and the business shut downs. I, however, googled "Business and the Chinese New Year" There were many responses. This one was very succinct. Chinese New Year and business

Chinese New Year shutdown 2020 timeline

Chinese New Year starts January 25, 2020, so suppliers will begin slowing down or stopping production a week or so before.

• Early January: Suppliers will begin to stop production.
  • Mid-January: Employees begin leaving the factories.
  • January 24: All employees have left the factory.
  • January 25: Chinese New Year.
  • Early February: Employees begin arriving back at the factories.
  • February 14: Most employees have returned.
  • February 21: Operations are almost back to normal.
I hope this helps clarify why shipping is slow.

If you think American Thanksgiving is big with travel and family visits, try it with 1.4 billion people. Plus a lot Chinese the world over travel visit family back in China. This is their big annual holiday.

Here is a little more about Chinese new Year.

Let me make a slight change to your schedule -- and i am only going by the ACTUAL schedules of the Chinese Battery companies that we work with closely ... Now with that said -- many of the companies that had large inventory of Batteries and LFP prior to the shutdown will be ready to ship right after 10 FEB ...

February 10th: Sales reps and engineers report back in the factory. Customer Service able to answer emails and calls. Most Battery factories resume production. Shipping is 100% operational

One of the interesting things that most Westerners don't understand is this is typically the time PRIOR to the CNY that employees get bonuses (if they get any) ... One of the reasons that many manufacturers struggle to get back to normal after February 10th is because of numerous workers who simply don’t return to their jobs and don't make any prior announcement so they don't lose their bonus checks.

Depending on the number of workers leaving without telling anyone, it can cause severe disruptions to several industries -- FORTUNATELY the Battery and LFP industry is rarely hit that hard since the jobs are better paying ...

Another mini-update. I'm impressed, the vendors rep contacted me again to reverify the shipping address and other details and after hearing my suggestion will be placing my name card on the cells when they start testing (taking photo & video) to ensure they are indeed mine. I suggested that as opposed to saying a name which well can be problematic, a printed name card is much better & clear. I MUST SAY, the exchange with the rep has been excellent and very informative. More +++ for Xuba Electronics.

marker page for more configuration info oriented to "my build & spec"

Basic logical design for the "Bank" Assembly with 3 packs.
View attachment 6157

Current configuration (logical diagram) showing only one LFP pack but enough to provide an idea of how it's going to be configured.
The Shunt Shown is a Deltec 500A/50mv unit (my preference) All Shunts will be behind the NEG busbar on the battery side.
View attachment 6158

Battery Layouts / Configurations possible:
View attachment 6398

View attachment 6399

The 24V/350AH Shunbin Pack layout. (16 cell long format using 175AH cells)
! NOT OPTIMAL ! only allows for an 8S BMS with paired cells.
View attachment 6401

I know that you have answered this -- and i read your reply to XXXX a couple of times -- BUT still am confused on the two relays ... I know you said one is inbound and the other outbound ...

i understand the outbound (battery to inverter) but don't understand why you need a relay at all from SCC to Battery to CHARGE the battery?? ... At times I will pull 500A from (4) 200aH batteries in parallel so YES I will need a relay ...BUT I will never put more than 50A from the SCC to the battery so NO relay should be required ......

HELP??

The Chargery is / was designed for small EV's. Typically, they use an external charger of some sort and not an SCC or Inverter/Charger. Like Chargery's chargers which plug into the BMS for control access. A separate port BMS but I am using it as a Single Port BMS. In my config with the common bus topology, both the SCC & Inverter can charge the batteries on the same line, I do not have another separate charger unit.

Hope this makes sense, I'm on sip 4 of coffee #1, not quite awake yet.

Thanks so much for the info. They told me the logistics company doesn't resume work until Feb 9, and asked if that was acceptable to me (it was). I was quoted USD 1050 and change for 8 280AH cells, 10 bus bars (at 80 cents/each), and shipping. Unfortunately, I keep getting an error when trying to pay via credit card. My credit card company says there is no problem, so I am still trouble shooting.
You need to appeal for acceptance. They will request a picture of the front of the card and of your drivers lic

MINI-Update.
Amy just contacted me as well with the message below. She's good, following up with all the customers ! I haven't gotten that from other vendors I have stuff on order with, somewhat telling I think.

Wan Amy2020-02-10 07:23
Dear Steve,

I have started work today and the preliminary tests for the first orders have been completed.
I will test again tomorrow and will send you the test video of your order. Thank you for your waiting.

In addition, I am very sorry that the logistics company has extended their vacation due to the coronavirus. It is expected to start work next Monday. I will pack the order first. After the logistics company works, I will send it out as soon as possible. Pray for your understanding!

Good wishes,
Amy

SECOND UPDATE: They are Grade-A cells !
Steve @ 09:42
"There have been a couple of people commenting that these are either Used cells or Grade-B cells. Can you please verify what type of cells these are ? Are they indeed A-Grade or are the B-Grade or used ?"

Wan Amy2020-02-10 09:52
Dear Steve, thank you very much for telling me this. I will also answer your question honestly.

Wan Amy2020-02-10 09:53
280AH battery is Grade A

Wan Amy2020-02-10 09:54
We can judge from the aspects of appearance, voltage and internal resistance, discharge rate and so on.

Last edited:
MINI-Update.
Amy just contacted me as well with the message below. She's good, following up with all the customers ! I haven't gotten that from other vendors I have stuff on order with, somewhat telling I think.

SECOND UPDATE: They are Grade-A cells !
I got the message also so looks like next week we should start to see them ship.

Cross Posted from the other thread related to this company.

Amy just sent me photo's & a video with my Name Card on the cells and doing the tests prior to packaging. She also told me, that based on my recommendation they are changing their packaging to further prevent possible cell damage in shipping, she said she'll send me photos of that as well when they are packaging everything up.

To be honest, I am impressed with Amy and her dedication to make things right & her listening to suggestions to improve things, like putting the buyers Name Card with the cells for the video & pic's... she's doing that because I mentioned how some folks think they are just using the same video & pics for everyone (she was actually upset at that thought, so they changed it).

@Doug whoever you are, she's getting the quote to you ASAP, thanks for mentioning me ! LOL.... There is no benefit to me, I have no association or anything with them other than buying their cells, which I am now very anxious to get.

TO EVERYONE:
I would suggest that when contacting XUBA for their 280AH cells, tell then you heard about them through DIYSolarForum.
This helps them identify where their leads are coming from but also if enough of us buy from them, it will give them incentive to have a discount code or something for forum members... Even if they just toss in the BusBars as a perk, it all adds up. This is to help ALL OF US in the present & in the future.

As my full name is on Name Cards, I blotched them out so I can post them here, unfortunately I can't blotch it out on the video, so I won't post that here.

MyXuba-1.jpgMyXuba-2.jpgMyXuba-3.jpg

Back