diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

I currently use (4) 138ah valence xp u27-12xp in a parallel configuration. I'm just growing out of them, and at $350 a piece I figured I could get double the ah for just %55 more, not accounting for BMS. 280ah cells @ $137 a piece with shipping is about $548.

Most usage I have personally slammed at the battery/inverter setup is about 170amps on each inverter. that was 1 ac per inverter and other normal things like a tv. My trailer idles around 170watts total draw, with a router, hotspot, and blink cameras.

Why ask Amy to send out double busbars and screws if no one uses them? I thought the screws were ok with the double busbars, with the additional BMS connections and a lock washer? I'm a newbie, so I just want it done right and hopefully never need to touch it again.
The screws are fine if you add one or two washers. I bought a bunch of #14 Brass washers at Home Depot for mine.My TEMCo cable lugs are thick enough to not need the washers, but I use one anyways. A washer takes the torque off the BMS ring terminals, when you tighten the screws. I was taught to always use a washer when assembling things using screws or bolts. I cringe when I see someone assembling something without them.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/14-Brass-Flat-Washer-4-Pack-811641/204276458

As a reference point, Victron recommends a 400A fuse, and 2 x 50mm wires (equivalent to roughly 2x 1/0 or 1x 4/0)

Most usage I have personally slammed at the battery/inverter setup is about 170amps on each inverter. that was 1 ac per inverter and other normal things like a tv. My trailer idles around 170watts total draw, with a router, hotspot, and blink cameras.
If you're going to have multiple inverters, wouldn't a smaller 600W/1kW one be more efficient for the small idlling load? Then have the big ones to switch in for the larger loads.

I'm going to make my own build thread so we don't clutter this up. Thanks for the few guys that are helping. I hope to gain some more DIY bms knowledge soon so i can ditch the valance setup.

If you're going to have multiple inverters, wouldn't a smaller 600W/1kW one be more efficient for the small idlling load? Then have the big ones to switch in for the larger loads.

I would think so.

No load is 20W x 2 = 40W
Which could be cut in half if the inverters can go into eco mode
Or eliminated if they are only switched on when needed

Whereas a 500 or 800 Watt phoenix would only draw 6-7 Watts idle.

Too bad they don't offer those when buying, but everyone can't do everything. Do those Caleb style busbars come in length? You cut and drill the holes after determining how long you want them? Peel back the rubber over the ends and drill, right? Probably not worth buying unless you plan to use a few feet at least, no?
1/2" copper pipe flattened.If you look at that pic, you can clearly see two layers of material.

Question about the busbars Amy is offering. She said free double busbars. How much current can those carry when doubled up? I plan on a 24v setup with max load on the inverter of 3000 watts. Are these good enough? Or should I look into making my own?

How much current can those carry when doubled up?
I was told by Amy that the current rating on the busbars is 300A. I have not verified so take it as one data point.

For 16 batteries. She quoted me 338 for shipping by sea to California.
To be clear, $338 for shipping. Plus the cost of the batteries. I'm hoping that's DDP but I'm not 100% certain yet.

How long does it take for Amy to respond usually? Posted an inquiry 3 days ago, no response yet. Maybe I did something wrong?

On July 3rd Amy quoted me 16pcs for: Product price + freight = $330.68*4+$388=$1710.72

so it was $330.68 for 4 pieces X 4 for a total of 16pcs for $1322.72 plus $388 shipping to Michigan 49021 zip code and that was DDP

at that time 32pcs was Product price + freight = $330.68*8+$645=$3290.44 shipped to the same address DDP

For 16 batteries. She quoted me 338 for shipping by sea to California.
To be clear, $338 for shipping. Plus the cost of the batteries. I'm hoping that's DDP but I'm not 100% certain yet.

On the Alibaba product page I see shipping of $252 for a quantity of 8 cells (2 pieces). But if you click on the "Ship to" link it says that amount is for DAP (no duties paid). I'm getting ready to send a message requesting a quote for 8 cells, DDP to Colorado.

Back