diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

On the Alibaba product page I see shipping of $252 for a quantity of 8 cells (2 pieces). But if you click on the "Ship to" link it says that amount is for DAP (no duties paid). I'm getting ready to send a message requesting a quote for 8 cells, DDP to Colorado.
I made sure it was DDP.
I did get lower quotes from 4 other companies, three of which I have seen good things about here in this forum. If I remember correctly, the savings on 16 cells could be around $100.00 and the savings on 32 cells closer to $300.00

This is the quote request that was sent to Amy:
Please quote 8 total cells (3.2v, 280 Ah, Prismatic), shipped DDP to:
Littleton, Colorado, USA 80130

Shipment by boat is OK to keep shipping cost down.

What I got back was this:

8pcs 280AH, to the United States, freight: $269

Shipping by sea, to the door, including tax, about 30 days to arrive

So,the total price is:

Product price + freight = $330.68*2 + $269 = $930.36

For Friends of The Forum, I will give you double Bus Bars (including screws) for free.

Should I be worried that the response didn't mention DDP?

This is the quote request that was sent to Amy:

What I got back was this:

Should I be worried that the response didn't mention DDP?
i ordered 4 cells + shipping and paid the fee. Amy contacted me this morning to refund what i over paid. ship by sea saved about $100. total cost was just under $500. shipped to colorado

i ordered 4 cells + shipping and paid the fee. Amy contacted me this morning to refund what i over paid. ship by sea saved about $100. total cost was just under $500. shipped to colorado

What do you mean with, "paid the fee"? You paid Xuba one amount and had to pay a customs fee?

i did the order on ali. it came up to a bit over $600. paid via wire transfer to xuba. this morning i got email from amy refunding a portion of shipping for choosing sea over air transport. she says i will have the cells in 30 days, about a week difference from the original shipping claim.

by fee, i meant the shipping fee. nothing has been mentioned about customs.

When trying to pay, it rejected my credit card. I submitted the appeal that required images of my credit card and ID. I can't see anywhere on their site that I submitted an appeal. Any idea how I'll know if the appeal went through?

When trying to pay, it rejected my credit card. I submitted the appeal that required images of my credit card and ID. I can't see anywhere on their site that I submitted an appeal. Any idea how I'll know if the appeal went through?
same.
i just picked the T/T option and sent the info to my phone. then i went to the bank with the info and sent the wire.

I paid via wire as well. Simple process, was confirmed immediately because it is going to a US bank, plus saved $100 in credit card fees.

Those were some of the most screwed up answer to a simple question. All this *2 this *4X4 that, shipping this DDP that, I guess Michael B Caro’s second sentence was as clear it’s gonna get, Thanks Michael. now which web sight does Amy like to work from, Xuba or her new Shenzhen Luyuan technology Ltd? Same either way?

Those were some of the most screwed up answer to a simple question. All this *2 this *4X4 that, shipping this DDP that, I guess Michael B Caro’s second sentence was as clear it’s gonna get, Thanks Michael. now which web sight does Amy like to work from, Xuba or her new Shenzhen Luyuan technology Ltd? Same either way?

That's just the way it is. Cost per cell x number of cells x shipping cost & terms. All useful and necessary info for an apples to apples comparison. We've all gotten spoiled by amazon prime and 1 click, slightly more to consider on Alibaba.

Amy Wan works for Xuba

edit: or maybe both companies? sorry not actually clear on this, ill shut up now :)

Last edited:

You are welcome.

Amy sells for boy Xuba and Luyuan. She told me Luyuan would sell the same sells for a little less because they are trying to establish themselves. I didn't think the difference in the quotes she gave me were all that significant.

My bank wired a payment to Citibank in California on Thursday but my order isn't showing as paid yet, should I be worried?

My bank wired a payment to Citibank in California on Thursday but my order isn't showing as paid yet, should I be worried?

If your bank followed the written wire instructions then should not be a problem. You can ask your bank for confirmation that the wire went through.

give them time. i am a couple days ahead of you in the purchase and so far i have been impressed.

they just sent me pictures of packing my boxes. :)

Attachments

• f2f60b27edd60df27b1af9aa8170c609.jpg
    f2f60b27edd60df27b1af9aa8170c609.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi all...i mostly lurk around here ...trying to absorb the experiences everyone shares. I just wanted to say this thread has helped me get a grasp of how dealing with Chinese companies works these days. In another life I dealt wit several companies in China sourcing computer hardware. Made some great friends over those years.

It will be fun to grab the cells and build a couple 280Ah batteries for the RV. The prices are really good far as I'm concerned. Was going to build just one but why not bite the bullet and build two.

The tips in this thread are going to be invaluable. I think I'll go ahead and order from Xuba given so many here have had such a good experience with them. Sorting out a seller was confusing since so many sell exactly the same product but maybe not as there are less than Grade A cells out there. Now I have my question list drafted and am ready to go.

It's not at all uncommon for sellers in China to be in a room with a few dozen other "companies" with one at each desk. Lots for them actually sell under several names. This is just good business for them and it's nothing underhanded or whatever. It was like that over 20yrs ago and no reason it's any different today.

BTW, this is also why so many sellers are selling the exact same items.

I liked the first 12 cells so much that I just ordered 8 more for another project. Amy rocks, sent a message and is was 1am there and 2.5 hours later I had the total and is paid.

Greg

I'm a tad bit on the stubborn side, so I'm still trying to pay with a credit card. If you start the appeal/verification process for your credit card, there is no way to get to the status page through the Alibaba menu system. That's according to the helpful person on the other end of the chat session. She provided a link that does work.

https://fundma.alibaba.com/finance/appeal/creditcard/list.html

I contacted Amy @ Xuba last night and was able to work out details of 2 packs or 8 cells of the 280Ah batteries. I went through the normal issues that everyone seems to have with Alibaba and had to appeal my declined payment as well as time on the phone with Citi. But my payment has been received and the wait begins...

For reference my total for the 8 cells with double bus bars and screws, using sea transportation, arrive at the door, including tax, DDP and trade assurance came to $940.36 to eastern PA

Ordered 6/12/2020
(y)
Your delivery schedule has been updated to Friday, 7/31/2020
Ship date: Jul 26, 2020
Scheduled delivery: Fri, 7/31/2020 by end of day
Service type: FedEx Ground
Packaging type: Package
Number of pieces: 4
Total shipment weight: 90.40 lb.

Back