diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

EVE does list 30 second pulse discharge and charge at 2C rates in the latest data sheet we have. But that's not the same as continuous discharge/charge rates. I would advise against it.

EVE does list 30 second pulse discharge and charge at 2C rates in the latest data sheet we have. But that's not the same as continuous discharge/charge rates. I would advise against it.
Interesting, this is the LF280N rev A datasheet?

I suppose it would be good to get some clarity as to whether LF280N is a new cell model or merely a new document. I assumed it was a new model, and thus would not necessarily be applicable to the old model LF280 cells, but I suppose I don't really know that for certain. What are your thoughts?

Interesting, this is the LF280N rev A datasheet?
Yes.
I suppose it would be good to get some clarity as to whether LF280N is a new cell model or merely a new document. I assumed it was a new model, and thus would not necessarily be applicable to the old model LF280 cells, but I suppose I don't really know that for certain. What are your thoughts?
The only way to know for certain would be to contact EVE directly. And we have not been able the confirm with 100% certainty the year of manufacture. There are still unknowns.

But we still don't know for sure if it makes a difference. I would prefer the 71 code however...lol.

Yes the other thread is from August. I received my tracking number on 9/8/2020. The cells are advertised as NEW grade A, like most other suppliers. What we are trying to get to the bottom of is the date code. I am glad you noticed the post with the specification code. I don't know how I missed that....face palm 10 times.

I have another photo from the same supplier and the specification code is 66. Interesting.

Last edited:
Interesting, I totally overlooked that portion of the serial number. Thanks for pointing that out Arthur.

Out of curiosity, what are the date codes on your cells?
I don't understand how to read the date codes.
Here are the numbers I have recorded so far. I have only taken 8 of 66 out of the boxes so far.
All of my cells but one have this code - 02YCB66710000J the odd one is - 02YCB66710000H
That letter on the end is the location where the cell was made. If I only get one or two with H on the end they will be my spares.
That cell was in the box number 1 of 17. The seller numbered the boxes.
The person who posted the decode above said he got one odd cell as well.
Here are the other part of the scan codes-
8990000818 edit: this is the odd cell
8C90000254
89X0000070
8B30000833
8B50002160
8AK0002309
8AA0002287
I have a lot more numbers to record.
If you can tell me what the dates are maybe I can figure out how to translate them.

Last edited:
Most engines under 5 L don't need more than 200 A to start. The exception might be diesels in very cold weather. I don't see any issue with using them to jumpstart a vehicle and bypass the BMS. Obviously make sure they have at least 10 or 20% SOC to avoid low-voltage issues. Also note that a lot of cheap jumper cables are made of copper clad aluminum and are much too small to do anything more than assist a weak battery. So ensure you have quality jumper cables and a good connection to the battery. Since the cells don't have significant contact area you'll need some type of busbar or stud to clamp the jumper cable too. Obviously the best solution would be to use ring terminals and bolted directly to the cells.

All of my cells but one have this code - 02YCB66710000J the odd one is - 02YCB66710000H
If I am looking at this correctly then the specification code for your cells is 66.
710000 is the tracking code.

@Steve_S Yes you are totally correct. I felt the need to make the above correction. I think we should start a new thread regarding these EVE codes.

If I am looking at this correctly then the specification code for your cells is 66.
Agreed, the digits (6 and 7) that correspond to cell model for Arthur's EVE cells are: 02YCB66710000J

My Xuba 280 Ah LiFePO4 Capacity Problem:

I believe one of the eight 3.2v 280 Ah cells I purchased from Xuba is only getting about 170 Amp Hours. My current take: One below par (defective) cell Reduces my 24v 280 Ah battery bank Capacity to about 170 Amp Hour of useful Capacity.

Here is copy of my dialog with Xuba:

280 Ah LiFePO4 Capacity Problem:

I believe one of 3.2v * 280 Ah LiFePO4 cells I purchased form you is only 170 Amp Hour max. My Chargery BMS8T interface shows cell #6 empty @ 2.5v at about 170 Ah (about 109 Ah left on the 7 other cells) ; plus shows cell #6 with more internal resistance. Cell #6 reduces my whole 24v 280 Ah battery bank Capacity to about 170 Amp Hour of useful Capacity.

My Documentation: Please examine my pictures (attached) from full charge to one cell empty early. Pictures from my BMS8T include: Full charge with balanced cells. Then Cell # 6 empty early, with excessive internal resistance. Then cell # 6 shows even more internal resistance when I apply about 95 amp charge to full battery bank.

I believe I am looking at a defective cell problem. I am sharing this same documentation with the DIY Solar Forum, and asking for feedback. I request you Hellp: I want the 280 Ah of LiFePO4 Battery Capacity I purchased. Can you help me with this problem? Cordially, William Self in California USA.

Additional Info. to this forum thread: I am documenting Full to Empty via Pictures of MY BMS8T. My below par cell was in position # 8 last week. My resistance check of my wire connections between BMS to each cell of the battery revealed all connections solid producing 0 ohms measurements. I swapped the problem cell from position #8 to position # 6, and the problem shown on BMS interface shifted to position #6.

I am open to question, or any suggestions. I hope Xuba can help me get the 280 Ah of LiFePO4 Battery Capacity I purchased. ... I will let you know how they treat me. Not a Happy Camper on this one, while also knowing this kind of mishap can happen to anyone. :+) Bill
Heads Up: I got a 2nd Bad Roll of Dice on my Replacement Battery from Xuba: It took a couple of months via sea freight, & then Fedex to my California door. I have been busy on other projects (installed a couple of Pioneer brand 12000 BTU Mini Split heat pumps), and slowed down by cycles of smoke from nearby forest fires, and hot weather on top of my age in Northern California. Re my earlier 8 x 280 Ah LiFePO$ Battery purchase from Xuba via Amy; ... I just integrated the new replacement battery I got from Xuba to my 24v 280 Ah battery Bank. Xuba was kind enough to send me a replacement after I documented how one of my 8 batteries purchase from them got down to 2.5 volts early (at about 170 AH). WOW, The Replacement Battery is worse than my only 170 Ah out of a 280 Ah rated original battery problem. That original problem in effect limited my whole 280 Ah battery bank to only 170 Ah when I purchased for 280 Ahs !

I will put my story together with pictures from my Chargery BMS8T Display (again) to document how this 280 Ah replacement battery from Xuba that I just put on line is worse than my original one 3.2v cell short in Ahs ... Battery Problem. My Current Thoughts: I think one or twice can be a mistake, but three times or more is a pattern. and Wow, ... Why Me?

Additional brief; before I document w pictures: I first tested my one 3.2 volt 280 Amp/Hr free of charge "Replacement Battery" on that fan unit that only draws 180 watts at about 20 amps (on one 3.2v cell). I only got 262 Ah going from full charge to 2.5 volt cut off. It had originally cut off at even less Ah (like 240 Ah, but I got a few more Amp Hours by dialing the Amp draw from 20 A to 10 A or less. The Bigger Test ( that I suggest considering with something like the Chargery BMS display details) was getting my new replacement battery integrated to my 24v Battery Bank, balanced in voltage with the other 7 cells, plus all fully charged. I then powered the sub panel of my house through my three LV2424 All In Ones (with no solar input, only battery draw), drawing various amounts of battery amps for may 10 to 100 or 120 amps; that included a 22 amp draw when running my evaporator cooler; a 43 amp draw when running one mini split heat pump in AC mode; and a 90 amp draw cycle when running two 12000 BTU mini split heat pumps in AC mode. My Chargery BMS8T cut out my 24v LiFePO4 battery bank Early via my relays / when this new replacement battery drained fast at it's low end to 2.5 volts; while the other good batteries cells were still showing about 3.25 v with plenty of Ah left in em. I was charging at 120 amps, well with the capabilities of these LiFePO4 batteries, but Also noticed from my Chargery Display Info. (I LIKE how I can cycle through several pages of detailed info.) that my 8 LiFePO4s batteries can also get out of balance at the upper end of my higher Amp Battery Charge Cycles / like when charging at 120 + amps. I thus reset my charge rate to about 60 amps or less, to get fully charged batteries all in balance before cycling another load test. I had hoped a second full charge and amp drain cycle might show different picture. Instead I have two battery bank drain cycles confirming to me I have a worse problem with this new replacement battery as compare to the orginal 280 Ah rated LiFePO4 that has only 170Ah ability. ... I hope more people are checking their Ah and comparing notes in this forum. Checking Amp/Hrs against rating ... sooner than later, ... might be a good idea. I will put in my picture documentation in awhile, as I will be assembling that for Xuba too. I wonder how Xuba might be responding to me on this one. I am not a happy camper about this roll of dice. Rolling with it while valuing this forum. ... Bill

Last edited:
Heads Up: I got a 2nd Bad Roll of Dice on my Replacement Battery from Xuba: It took a couple of months via sea freight, & then Fedex to my California door. I have been busy on other projects (installed a couple of Pioneer brand 12000 BTU Mini Split heat pumps), and slowed down by cycles of smoke from nearby forest fires, and hot weather on top of my age in Northern California. Re my earlier 8 x 280 Ah LiFePO$ Battery purchase from Xuba via Amy; ... I just integrated the new replacement battery I got from Xuba to my 24v 280 Ah battery Bank. Xuba was kind enough to send me a replacement after I documented how one of my 8 batteries purchase from them got down to 2.5 volts early (at about 170 AH). WOW, The Replacement Battery is worse than my only 170 Ah out of a 280 Ah rated original battery problem. That in effect limit my whole battery bank to 170 Ah when I purchased for 280 Ahs !

I will put my story together with pictures from my Chargery BMS8T Display to document how this 280 Ah replacement battery from Xuba that I just put on line is worse than my original one 3.2v cell short in Ahs ... Battery Problem. My Current Thoughts: I think one or twice can be a mistake, but three times or more is a pattern. and Why Me?

snip.. Bill
How exactly did you integrate the replacement cell into the pack? Did you Parallel Top Balance the cells again? Did you ever Parallel Top Balance the cells?

Did you try swapping this cell with another one from the pack?
RE: My original problem cell, I moved it from position 8 to position 6, swapping the cells; and the problem followed my swap as per details from my Chargery BMS8T info. pages. I have not tried that yet on worse new replacement cell, yet.

Last edited:
How exactly did you integrate the replacement cell into the pack? Did you Parallel Top Balance the cells again? Did you ever Parallel Top Balance the cells?
I did originally Parallel Top Balance 8 cells. On this particular round: After testing my Xuba Replacement Battery for Ahs on that 180 watt ... about 20 amp max draw fan unit (I originally measure about 260 Ah on 280 Ah rated battery on that low amp draw test); I then recharged that 3.2V replacement cell with my 30v 10amp capable Bench Power Supply (aiming at 3.65 v cut off) to get my sitting cell voltage close to all the other individual cell of my 24v LiFePO4 battery bank. I then took out the 280 Ah rated cell that only put out about 170 Ahs ... and replaced it with New 3.2v 280 Ah Replacement Cell; relocating my removed and loosened bus bars and BMS wires to all tight and solid like before. I then let my BMS do some finer level of balancing (was pretty close, but got closer / got pictures of volt diff and balance). After seeing balanced voltages in all cells via my Chargery BMS info pages, I reset my LV2424 Grid powered battery charger absorption charge voltage from 28.2 volts to a higher 29.0 voltage to get a fuller over a couple of off and on charge cycle to get full balancing and fully charged cells for my testing. I had set float charge at 27V, and came back for my draw down test the next morning. I had also adjust my Charge Amps downward from 120 amps to 60 amps for top end of battery charge because I notice some cell V imbalance showing up at the higher end of charge cycle. Then onward with my Testing; on a fully charged and balance battery bank (via Chargery BMS Info and LV2424s displays) ... I then powered my house sub panel from my fully charged 24v battery bank alone without solar input, via my three LV2424 all In One Units Configured for 240v split phase output. with variable amp draws on battery up to 120 amps. ... Looking at the pictures I took of the Info on my BMS (for my own documentation), I see the replacement battery hit 2.496V way early along side the other 7 cells all similar to high cell reading of 3.237V. IMO: That is a huge difference. My BMS is wired to cut my AC out to my sub panels from my LV2424s when any one LiFePO4 cell hits 2.5 volts, so it was obvious what was going on via looking the details of my Chargery BMS pages. I will do one more test cycle before going back to 170 Ah battery bank that should be capable of 280 Ah when I figure out how to replace this defective one cell. I will post a few pictures with my story later, and shorten my story for Xuba communication.

Last edited:
@ capt bill, thats a sad experience. Xuba didnt extensively test the replacement cell before shipping out?....that sucks

Back