diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

96 cells for my own bank. i am now running my house on 48 200 ah cells. Will more than double my capacity. The other 48 cells are for a friend
3 X 32 or 6 X 16? SWAG, I would guess 3 X 16 for your 48.

After reading all 48 pages, I finally took the plunge and ordered a set of my own. Amy was super helpful and the ordering process wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be. I did sea freight DDP, so it will be at least a month before I see them.

Thanks to everyone that contributed information here. It has been a huge help and it saved me a lot of money.
Good luck. I ordered 8-280ah LiFePo4 batteries on April 5, DDP shipping by sea, and I'm still waiting for mine to clear customs and show up on the Fed Ex tracker for delivery to Michigan. Amy has been good about communicating, but I'm getting a little concerned. It's been 6 weeks so far.

I'm looking to buy 16 for a mobile solar generator project. Currently a 36v taylor dunn burden golf cart with 1265 watts of solar on top of it, and the trailer it tows. 5000 watt inverter, lead acid right now. To be converted to 48v. So far, has everyone received brand new batteries that are matched well?
I plan on ordering at end of month.
IIRC, ghostwriter66 builds them for the Texas oilfields. She might have some input on your build.

What in the world are you going to do with all of those? Sell them? Build a megatron?

well 96 cells gives me an estimate of 85 kWh, wich is exactly the size of my tesla model S battery. besides that it runs my house and workshop. I try to minimize charging the car straight from the battery, but if you take al things in account, 85 kWh isn't that much for me.

well 96 cells gives me an estimate of 85 kWh, wich is exactly the size of my tesla model S battery. besides that it runs my house and workshop. I try to minimize charging the car straight from the battery, but if you take al things in account, 85 kWh isn't that much for me.

@Jejochen I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of your battery bank for ideas. I have 64 cells in route for a 4p16s setup and am looking for different storage ideas. Also if you are running a BMS what did you end up going with? Thanks!

I'm finally ready to pull the trigger...and Amy informs me "There is no shipping by sea channel to transport to the door to Canada. Shipping by sea to the destination port requires the order of 100kg or more." So sad. Anyone in British Columbia want to split an order of 16 cells with me?

Back