diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

Thinking about the 1C specification for Max Charge Current and Max Discharge Current on this 280Ah battery (I think that means Max 280 amps current? Right?) .. I wondering if anybody has a web link or two for better bus bars and or maybe a stud with same thread with allen to such a stud into the battery terminals, and use a nut for tightening. I am thinking those screws that bottom out before tightening down the supplied kind of thin (close to 1/16" thick) bus bar; is the shortcoming of this battery set I received, if I am gona be honest about my opinion. Wonder what other options for bus bars might be available via ebay or a USA internet store. I do not even know what thread size is yet. This is what I am wondering about before my capacity test. ... just saw some posts above after I wrote this. Any web links? I have seen em somewhere, but that might be hard to find again (will look). Any feedback on: Is my understanding of 1C current correct? that 1C on a 280Ah battery means 280 amps?

Last edited:
Thinking about the 1C specification for Max Charge Current and Max Discharge Current on this 280Ah battery (I think that means Max 280 amps current? Right?) .. I wondering if anybody has a web link or two for better bus bars and or maybe a stud with same thread with allen to such a stud into the battery terminals, and use a nut for tightening. I am think those screws that bottom out before tightening down the supplied kind of thin (close to 1/16" thick) bus bar; is the shortcoming of this battery set I received, if I am gona be honest about my opinion. Wonder what other options for bus bars might be available via ebay or a USA internet store. I do not even know what thread size is yet. This is what I am wondering about before my capacity test. ... just saw you post above after I wrote this. Any web links? I hve seen em somewhere, but that might be hard to find again (will look). Is my understanding of 1C current correct? that 1C on a 280Ah battery means 280 amps?
Get the washers, use the bus bars you have to start top balancing your cells and test them if you want.
You can switch things around as you get the new parts. But you're wasting time waiting for everything to be perfect.

Maybe I am looking for something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/M6-x-20mm-...551001?hash=item1c5172a099:g:iXoAAOSwGzlTww56

and the nuts , but threads look more course? I will figure it out, plus will see what local home depot and other source have soon.
That is where I got mine, only I fudged on the length and got 25mm length and they're way longer than needed.
HD has M6 shouldered nuts, but they're not stainless.
I think Monster Bolts has stainless nuts and washers, too. My ebay order went thru easy and they shipped them pretty fast.

Thinking about the 1C specification for Max Charge Current and Max Discharge Current on this 280Ah battery (I think that means Max 280 amps current? Right?) .. I wondering if anybody has a web link or two for better bus bars and or maybe a stud with same thread with allen to such a stud into the battery terminals, and use a nut for tightening. I am thinking those screws that bottom out before tightening down the supplied kind of thin (close to 1/16" thick) bus bar; is the shortcoming of this battery set I received, if I am gona be honest about my opinion. Wonder what other options for bus bars might be available via ebay or a USA internet store. I do not even know what thread size is yet. This is what I am wondering about before my capacity test. ... just saw some posts above after I wrote this. Any web links? I have seen em somewhere, but that might be hard to find again (will look). Any feedback on: Is my understanding of 1C current correct? that 1C on a 280Ah battery means 280 amps?
Here's a link to what I used for busbar. 0.1875" x 1" copper bar stock. I ordered a 6' piece and then cut it into 14 bars 105 mm long and 1 bar 115 mm long to allow me to parallel or series connect the batteries for testing and final configuration. Yeah it's probably overkill, but I want it to be a quality build. https://www.onlinemetals.com/en/buy/copper/0-1875-x-1-copper-rectangle-bar-110-h02/pid/4275

Last edited:
Here is what I ordered:

M6x25mm I can add my main connector, a nut and the balancer leads and another nut and I still have a bit of room to add a dab of retaining coumpoud to the top to prevent any losening. I'm using a battery box group 31, so there is plenty of space :)

My 8 x 3.2v 280 Ah LiFePO4s order finally arrived at my Northern California carport door May 27, 2020 . My credit card payment went through April 2, 2020, and Xuba transferred this order to their choice of Sea Freight shipping April 13; so that was 45 days on a sea freight ride to FedEx to my door shipping route. I took the risk of ordering during the Coronavirus because I wanted the batteries, the price was good, plus I finally got enough questions answered to trust Amy and Xuba's reputation on this forum. Total cost w DDP shipping (for clarity on shipper handling USA customs and customs duties), to FedEx (I requested UPS or FedEx shipping for the security of their tracking info. once batteries cleared customs and got into FedEx system) was $1022 total; which I think includes minor Alibaba fees, and bank conversion of currency fees. I thought the DDP aspect that may not be available outside the USA, was worth allot (from stories I heard/ to me).

Here's My Curious Creator Take: Glad they finally arrived. Packing was excellent with several layers of cardboard plus foam wrap. Brand new batteries with their little square (certification or warranty?) stickers in tack. Came with 8 bus bars and had one extra screw. Each and every cell is nicely matched in voltage; all measuring 3.35 volts. Picture attached above. I was kind of expecting larger batteries, but a double check on of spec sheet dimensions reveals an exact match. One area that could be improved: I notice the shortish screws for the bus bars bottom out before the kind of smallish bus bars are fully tightened down. I think I will be ok with by adding a washer or two. IMO: That part of battery deal is one that could be improved by manufacturer.

I ordered a couple of options for testing battery capacity on Alibabaexpress right before ordering my batteries on Alibaba (and was confused for short while the two have different log on entries; Alibaba vs Alibabexpress), and those express orders also recently arrived just a few days ago. I will post my capacity results later when I see em. HEY WILL: Thanks for turning me on to how much better LiFePO4s are as compared to Lead Acid, plus also for those informative Youtube lessons I can review when I want a refresher course. :+) I am on a Learning More All The Time ...Roll ... I figure I be learning allot more now from hands on ...

Sounds like my batteries were on the same ship as yours. I'll also say thanks for this thread! My outside package was pretty beat up but the cells were packaged very well with no damage and all measured 3.36 volts.

Sounds like my batteries were on the same ship as yours. I'll also say thanks for this thread! My outside package was pretty beat up but the cells were packaged very well with no damage and all measured 3.36 volts.

Did you have 2 or 4 cells per box ?

Here is what I ordered:
M6x25mm I can add my main connector, a nut and the balancer leads and another nut and I still have a bit of room to add a dab of retaining coumpoud to the top to prevent any losening. I'm using a battery box group 31, so there is plenty of space :)
Notice your links have many options ... did you get some that work good yet/ confirmed good fit ? I got I need M6 ... and wondering about thread pitch options, I see thread pitch "1 mm" (while wondering if there are other thread pitchs & if I might order the wrong thread pitch by mistake

so far this is my best looking deal: https://www.ebay.com/itm/M6-x-20mm-...et-Screw-Stainless-Steel-A2-18-8/121625551001 . w specs saying "thread pitch 1 mm

might order with fingers crossed to see if "thread pitch 1 mm .. is right fit

Last edited:
One thing I have experienced with Chinese fasteners is they do not have the same tolerance spec we use in the US. Just take your 6mm screw and thread a 6mm nut on it and you will see how loose it is. Take and american made fastener and you wont see that.

Greg

Looks like the next shipments have gone live. Shipped 4/19 and went live on FedEx this morning.

My shipment of eight 3.2V 280AH LiFePo4 batteries arrived this afternoon in great shape! A total of 52 days from my initial order until arrival in Michigan, USA. Shipped DDP via sea to California, then land transport to Michigan. Excellent packaging with no damage and no surprises. Double boxed, 4 cells per box, each cell individually wrapped. All cells measured 3.300 volts. Currently in process of top balancing before installation. I have found that my M6-16mm set screws are too short for permanently installing my bus bars and leads, so I still need to get some longer set screws (probably 20mm will work). Can't wait to get my project finished. By the way, Amy at Xuba was great to work with throughout the process!

IMG_3231.jpgIMG_3236.jpg
IMG_3226.jpgIMG_3228.jpg

My shipment of eight 3.2V 280AH LiFePo4 batteries arrived this afternoon in great shape! A total of 52 days from my initial order until arrival in Michigan, USA. Shipped DDP via sea to California, then land transport to Michigan. Excellent packaging with no damage and no surprises. Double boxed, 4 cells per box, each cell individually wrapped. All cells measured 3.300 volts. Currently in process of top balancing before installation. I have found that my M6-16mm set screws are too short for permanently installing my bus bars and leads, so I still need to get some longer set screws (probably 20mm will work). Can't wait to get my project finished. By the way, Amy at Xuba was great to work with throughout the process!

View attachment 14201View attachment 14202
View attachment 14199View attachment 14200
Thanks for posting your results!

I wanted to test capacity of each cell of my recently received 8 x 280 Ah LiFePO4s, but got side track into minor time suck from that Will fav - fan/ heat sic capacity tester I ordered from Alibaba (that took about 2 months to get here). I got a dud. I wasted time wondering if I was not pressing button right or had something configured wrong; while unit consistently would Not draw current when I twisted knobs. Reading the direction sheet closer, and reviewing Will clips for further reference did not help. I like that easy way to capacity test with the voltage cut off, and would order another if I could find a USA supply (which I could not find/ plus not interested in China time lag); If anyone knows of a USA supplier for that, please let me know. I will use another (shunt) type way I can put on line later. News from a little bit in slow lane :+) Bill

Back