diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Pre-built 200AH LIFEPO4 Battery??

timmypt

Does anyone have experience with this plug-n-play pre-built XUBA 200AH LIFEPO4 battery?

I've contacted Amy about them and she said they're build with grade A Lishen 3.2V 202AH cells, and can be ran in parallel or series. My father in Haiti is considering 4 of these to make a 48V 200AH battery bank. Personally I have been researching 280AH EVE cells (2P4S configuration for 560AH 12V) for my van conversion, and am continuing to research a suitable BMS, but I wonder if I should consider 3 of these in parallel instead (12V, 600A). Am I putting too much trust in Amy's reputation and the Xuba store? Thoughts?

Following this as I'm considering this for my van build.

@timmypt, did you ask what BMS it has?
I did ask Amy what BMS it has and if it has low temp cut off. She told me she is checking with her engineers and will update me. Personally I'm leaning towards 8x 280AH Eve cells (2P4S configuration) with 600A Chargery BMS and Chargery 600A DCC Contactor, but still curious on the specs of these pre-built packs.

Following this as I'm considering this for my van build.

@timmypt, did you ask what BMS it has?
Did you get a response @timmypt?

I am going ahead and ordering 8x280AH cells for my own battery, but this was the response I got when I asked about low temp cutoff:

"
4. As to at what temperature BMS can withstand, my colleague replied:

Generally, the working temperature of BMS has little effect, it mainly depends on the working temperature of the batteries"

1604699855343.png

That looks like a great price. What is the approximate shipping cost of a battery this size to the US? More specifically Miami but any location will give me a clue. Xuba specifically says to contact them directly for accurate shipping cost but I’m just trying to get a rough idea.

I have two of Amy's custom metal boxes.

They're very nicely made powder coated steel. The cutouts are perfect for the voltmeter, handles and the metal cable glands.

The supplied AWG2 cables with 175A Anderson connectors are very beefy, in fact the metal cable is thicker than my AWG2 copper cable I bought locally ?

The 200A rated copper lugs are very thick, unfortunately they're of the open U shape. The only way to nicely fashion them around the wires iclamps to first them in a vice around an M10 bolt and hammer them into a round shape in advance. Even then they'll need to be soldered for security (or you would need a hydraulic press to crimp).

The empty battery box comes with unattached lugs and bare end AWG4 wires for the Anderson connectors. If you have a few spare hours to handle the wire stripping, lug preparation, soldering and heat shrink then you can just order raw cells and custom empty metal boxes.

Note the metal boxes ship without the cells inside, so you'll have to pay for them to ship separately.

Lastly Amy is nolonger with Shenzhen Xuba so the metal boxes / pre-assembled battery boxes might not be available any more. She is still contactable through Luyuan.

That looks like a great price. What is the approximate shipping cost of a battery this size to the US? More specifically Miami but any location will give me a clue. Xuba specifically says to contact them directly for accurate shipping cost but I’m just trying to get a rough idea.

Amy gave me this quote when I asked about shipping for 4 of these batteries to FL, USA. Quite affordable IMO.

"4pcs 12V 200AH, to the United States (34285), freight: $368

Shipping by sea, to the door, including tax, about 30 days to arrive”

Some pictures
20201111_100756.jpg
20201111_100803.jpg

These are some heavy duty lugs marked as 200A. They've been clamped in a vice and hammered around a 10mm bolt to make this rounded shape.

Correction to above, the included Anderson cables are marked AWG4 but the wire core diameter is 7mm, the same as my locally sourced AWG2 wire.

My 2 boxes came with 8 Anderson cable leads, with about 45cm length of black/red cable.

The box and lid are 1mm thick plus the powdercoat. There are 12 small 4mm length screws between the lid and box, I would have preferred for them to have been longer.

Lug on my locally sourced AWG2 wire
20201111_102319.jpg

Last edited:
So these are not plug’n’play but some assembly required? I see nothing about that on the linked page but for my use these seem incredibly cheap given the reputation for XUBA in this forum. I’m just looking for ready to go batteries for now and have no access to a press etc here.
What I see in your photos look great but for now, where I live and my complete lack of experience there is no way I’d tackle an assembly project. Once the house system is totally operational I can play around and maybe start a much needed small business here.

The custom battery boxes were arranged by Amy starting from about 3 months back. The preassembled battery packs were a later addition, I don't known if they will still be offered by Xuba since Amy has left.

Thanks AussieSim. Great photos and info. I’m still surprised by the price as it seems almost too good to be true.

The site shows the batteries available to be shipped immediately and with a new contact name.

I’m hoping we get an update from timmypt’s dad before I order in December. Given the photos and description of the battery box I think $2200 for 11kw delivered to Miami and then shipped to my home for another $200 is a no brainer.

Last edited:
Even with an assembled battery box, you might still receive some uncrimped wires and open lugs.

This is the only device I've found designed to crimp heavy duty "open" U lugs

All the Aliexpress "closed" barrel lugs don't indicate their current rating or the metal thickness

Thanks AussieSim. Great photos and info. I’m still surprised by the price as it seems almost too good to be true.

The site shows the batteries available to be shipped immediately and with a new contact name.

I’m hoping we get an update from timmypt’s dad before I order in December. Given the photos and description of the battery box I think $2200 for 11kw delivered to Miami and then shipped to my home for another $200 is a no brainer.
The price does seem too good to be true.

Personally I ordered 8 x 280AH Eve cells through Alex at Basen, and my dad ended up going the DIY route also and purchased 64 cells (2 x 16S2P to make 2 x 560AH 48 Volt battery banks). Keep me posted if you end up completing the order!

Wow this is a lot cheaper than the SOK batteries. Would you recommend the Xuba prebuilt over the SOK? I think the SOK do not have 1C discharge rating, but according to the screenshot from Amy, these are 1C discharge?

Last edited:
I am going ahead and ordering 8x280AH cells for my own battery, but this was the response I got when I asked about low temp cutoff:

"
4. As to at what temperature BMS can withstand, my colleague replied:

Generally, the working temperature of BMS has little effect, it mainly depends on the working temperature of the batteries"

View attachment 26879

Have any of you guys received your custom battery?.

Im very interested, but would like to know what kind of BMS do they carry, and the general assembly quality, if they are good enough that could save me a lot of work, otherwise i can probably do a better job ;).

Back