diy solar

diy solar

xw6848 wiring cover won't come off box

keepsake

I can't believe I have to write with this stupid issue.

On our new xw6848, I cannot remove the bottom left panel where the 240vac wiring is done.

I did get it on and off two weeks ago to wire up. Now for whatever reason it wont come off. Two screws come out smoothly. It slides over maybe 1/2-in. And the right side will 'hinge' away maybe 3.4-in

That's it !! Tried everything in over an hour to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue ?

From page 44 of the installation guide, it says "To remove the AC access panel, remove the two screws from the AC access cover and
slide the cover slightly to the left and lift away from the Conext XW Pro chassis."

I ended up taking off all 3 covers.
Well, the display up top too.

I can't remember the order or reason why that was required, but call it exploring and pull off all the covers. I'm sure it will be worth the exploration.

I won't judge you because I remember needed to take off more front panels.

Got it off a month ago. It seems that the xw6848 case can be hung on the wall such that the frame gets forced one way or another and what is easy for some, doesn't work for all. The removal plate was 'crammed' in a too tightly designed opening.

Anybody tonight ...

I have Insight talking to XW6848 Pro with their XanBus cat6 connection.

Have any users here found tech specs on the XanBus. i.e. wiring protocols ?

I understand that XanBus channels power supply from the XW6848 to the Insight thru the XanBus.

What pins ?

I want to be able to force an Insight reboot when it becomes non-responsive. Killing power source is the key that I need to achieve.

If you've got something too close to the left side of the unit the cover will bind up and be unable to rotate off.

Got it off a month ago. It seems that the xw6848 case can be hung on the wall such that the frame gets forced one way or another and what is easy for some, doesn't work for all. The removal plate was 'crammed' in a too tightly designed opening.
Wow, I should have looked at the dates...

Anybody tonight ...

I have Insight talking to XW6848 Pro with their XanBus cat6 connection.

Have any users here found tech specs on the XanBus. i.e. wiring protocols ?

I understand that XanBus channels power supply from the XW6848 to the Insight thru the XanBus.

What pins ?

I want to be able to force an Insight reboot when it becomes non-responsive. Killing power source is the key that I need to achieve.
I've never seen a diagram. You may need to measure it yourself. Please let us know.

Also, I've never had issues with my Insight Home going non-responsive. That's probably unusual.

Actually the Insight is going on 2 solid weeks. Was probably a dhcp wifi issue my son corrected.
Are you using Modbus with the system control ?

Back