diy solar

diy solar

Y&H WVC-600 micro grid tie inverter LED status? [Resolved]

Cpt Waistcoat

Hi Folks,

New here! I took the plunge recently and bought a Y&H WVC-600 micro grid tie inverter, a 300W Photonic Universe monocrystalline solar panel, and a Nevsetpo Plug Power Monitor, after being inspired by some of the YouTube videos by Andy Kirby.

The equipment arrived today, and I connected it up as per the instructions as far as I can tell, however my inverter never seems to search / lock on when I observe the green led status. It seems to connect very briefly then disconnect, and repeats. I've made a video https://streamable.com/nvzp3c and I would be most grateful if someone could explain what it's doing please and if I've done something wrong. It was a very mild day, and I noticed later on the status led went completely red, due to insufficient light?

I do have the inverter plugged into a drum extension lead, and the unit came with a European plug which I've replaced with a 13amp UK plug.

Any support would be most appreciated ☺️

Morning all,

I've checked the inverter status this morning now a bit of sun has broken through the clouds, and the inverter light is green and we're pulling power. I was just being impatient.

Back