diy solar

diy solar

Yangtze 500W solar Panels

I actually have 20 of these 500W/96cell panels on order. Shipping cost was fine considering it's a 730kg package.
I am also very interested in ordering 20 of these.
I would have loved to hear from someone with experience of them before ordering but that could be too long a wait, worst case scenario going by their timings for order and shipment, it could be 3 - 4 months before they land :(

Great!, I think a lot of people will be interested to hear about your experience.

I'm not sure I can wait that long since I could really do with panels asap as it is :)

Well, crap. I just got notified that they can't be sure of the duties/taxes expenses anymore (Corona stuff). This would lead to increased costs, so they agreed to cancel the order for now and we'll pick it up after the current situation. Might chat with a few other suppliers as well...

Strange, I don't see how Corona will affect duties/taxes, only shipping times and even then, that seems to have improved in the last few weeks.

Strange, I don't see how Corona will affect duties/taxes, only shipping times and even then, that seems to have improved in the last few weeks.

Shipping companies have doubled their rates in some cases.

Due to aircraft restrictions or simple price gouging??

Doesn't matter, it's just a fact.

@upnorthandpersonal Would you mind me asking what kind of inverter would you use for these? Microinverters seem to cap out around 250watts, so I'm assuming a string inverter? Though in series these would make the voltage quite high. Wondering if there is a cost effective inverter that can handle at least 5 of these in series that doesnt cost more than $1,000 (Sunny Boy, Schneider, Primo, etc)

Thank you!

can handle at least 5 of these in series that doesnt cost more than $1,000

I don't think that exists. These panels have a Voc close to 60V, so 5 in series would get you 300V - most of the charge controllers in that region that I know of are over $1000 (at least the ones I would trust). I was going to use (multiple) Victron 250/100 SmartSolar (also at $1000+); these have a Voc max of 250V and I would place 3 panels in series and several strings like that in parallel. I actually want to put less panels in series for shading issues (and place the panels in groups at different locations).

I will browse Alibaba and see if they have some cheap(er) ones. If I find one that could work I might just get one and give it a try.

@upnorthandpersonal Thank you for the prompt reply. I managed to find a few 265w panels locally, so I'll try to source some micro inverters. I'll keep lurking here for sure. Good luck with the build!

It's back on, I ordered 20x 500W panels from Yangtze this time. Doing it DDU (DAP) this time, because DDP is not available. Will report when I get them, which will take some time since it'll go on the slow boat (or train).
There was also someone ordering them into the port of Houston in Texas.

Hoping this goes well for both of you and I will follow along.

Hi,
I am Manuel from Austria and i ordered 23 Panels of 500 Watt solar panel form Yangtze and also 23 Panels of 360 Watt Panels form Yangtze and they are coming to me tomorrow so they are already in austria.
I will give you updates on the project.
The total cost including the taxes are arround 0,35-0,40Euro per Watt so this is very cheap but you could go alot of cheaper if you buy a whole container which is my next project and starting to retail it in Austria and Europe.

Best regards and sunny days
Manuel

Hi,
I am Manuel from Austria and i ordered 23 Panels of 500 Watt solar panel form Yangtze and also 23 Panels of 360 Watt Panels form Yangtze and they are coming to me tomorrow so they are already in austria.
I will give you updates on the project.
The total cost including the taxes are arround 0,35-0,40Euro per Watt so this is very cheap but you could go alot of cheaper if you buy a whole container which is my next project and starting to retail it in Austria and Europe.

Best regards and sunny days
Manuel

waiting for some tests on real wattage output..

So my panels are running so far.
I have 11 panels connect in series and they are working awesome the generate about 5.5kw in good working condition so the power output is true and if the sun is away and it is cloudy the generat about 1kw so the panels are awesome and they are just awesome and they are really huge i like them.Quality is also perfect no damage or anything. The wattage is real :love::cool:

So my panels are running so far.
I have 11 panels connect in series and they are working awesome the generate about 5.5kw in good working condition so the power output is true and if the sun is away and it is cloudy the generat about 1kw so the panels are awesome and they are just awesome and they are really huge i like them.Quality is also perfect no damage or anything. The wattage is real :love::cool:
The sheer size is something to keep in mind. If the intent is to roof mount it might well be the case that the internal structure of the roof means they can't be safely anchored at all or need 3 rails to stop them flapping in high wind due to too much overhang or no midsection support. My own roof would be in the 3 rail category.

I bought also 225 panels of Yangtze Solar but the quality was bad very bad and also the finish was not good (almost every panel had glue on the glasses). The frame was poor aluminium and the finish of the frame was not good. Also the shipping was not good. They didn't secure the package well so the panels were damaged by shipping . They didn't take any responsablity it wasn't their problem. Never ever I will buy of this company.

Attachments

• 20200601_164640.jpg
    20200601_164640.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 66
Back