diy solar

diy solar

Yangtze 500W solar Panels

Anyone have experince getting solar panels from china?
I really like these for my LV5048 setup.
4 of these would make a nice 2KW setup in two strings and i can add more if i want to later.

Our experience was not good. The freight was not properly secured. That's why 60 of the 225 panels are damaged. The finish of the panels was also not good and very cheap aluminium. However, they took no responsibility so my advice is to look for another supplier because I never believe that the freight is free. But ask them and share your answer.

Attachments

• 20200522_145832.jpg
    20200522_145832.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 67
Okay that sounds not good but i can tell you that i have good experience because the package was well nothing wos damaged and there where on maybe 2 panels glue on it but it wos not very much. But the package in this picture is horrible. Maybe there where a problem with the forwarder because i had my own forwarder with manage this. I will order soon 280pcs of 400watt modules so stay tuned. I have only good experience.
Best regards from Austria and have a sunny Day

Yes, probatly is that the way how they send the panels. That was very strange because they send me an other photo how the stacked the panels. It was not only the shipping....the quality of the panel and finish of the panel was terrible. For me the first and the last time with Yangtze

Photo of the glue 70% of the panels. A good supplier doens't deliver so much panels with glue. Tell something about the supplier

Attachments

• 20200523_124344.jpg
    20200523_124344.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 20200523_124119.jpg
    20200523_124119.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20200523_124018.jpg
    20200523_124018.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 103
Okay i see there is a lot of glue on it but on my panels there was no glue on it so i am not sure if i had a lot of luck that my panels are fine because in this case if the quality is not stable it is no company you can trust because i am planning to order 280 panels of 72cells so one whole container but in this case i do not know.

For mike86.
I observed too, that the shape where the cells is combine is different in your picture then real yangtze panels. Look closer. And please Manuel from Austria confirm or not this by compare your panels with the panels in pictures.

I trying to say that are some manufacture who make "yangtze panels" but is only one manufacture who is called Hefei Yangtze Solar Power who is the owner of the Yangtze brand.

Panels arrived!

DSC_0456.JPG

DSC_0458.JPG

First impressions: packing was good, cardboard corners between the panels and panels packed tightly together in a wooden crate. No damage from the trip. Panels themselves look very clean, no glue residual or other marks.

As pointed out before, these are large panels but didn't have a banana for scale ;)

Panels arrived!

View attachment 16065

View attachment 16066

First impressions: packing was good, cardboard corners between the panels and panels packed tightly together in a wooden crate. No damage from the trip. Panels themselves look very clean, no glue residual or other marks.

As pointed out before, these are large panels but didn't have a banana for scale ;)

Did you share the vendor information anywhere?
I tried to ask for a sample 2 panel quote and was quoted $1800 USD delivered to NJ USA. That was a bummer and I just abandoned the idea.

Back