diy solar

diy solar

Yep, yet another learning newbie with questions

omegadog

My name is Dan and I'm a newly diagnosed solarholic. It's been 15 minutes since my last internet search on the subject.:unsure: I've resolved to seek professional help and join this forum.
Will is awesome and I trust his learned knowledge and blatant honesty.
My intentions are to start with a MPP LV 2424, panels and batteries to isolate and off-grid a couple of circuits in my house to offset some of my $300/month power bill and these circuits would also be for essential appliances(fridge and freezer), and some lights and power for computers/phone chargers/wifi etc in the event of outages. Later on I hope to expand and go completely off-grid to stick it to the man.
I'm out in the country in NW SC on 6 acres and tree shade is my biggest issue. I cleared several trees on the side of my house that would hopefully be enough for a ground array. We have HUGE white/red oaks and hickory trees that make it so that you can't even see my house from space during spring to late fall.
I'll post a thread soon after I do some calcs etc. Thanks for this great forum Will and the guys/gals and I hope to contribute and share my journey.

Last edited:
Back