diy solar

diy solar

Yet another inverter recommendation thread, 24v, 2500-ish watts, under $350 in the US

Rednecktek

Solar Wizard
So I'm looking on Amazon and Watts247 and SignatureSolar and I'm striking out trying to find an inverter for my sheds project. Does anyone here know or know of an inverter that fits ALL of my criteria? Or just tell me I'm smoking crack. :)

1: 24v Input
2: 120v Output
3: 2500-3000W range
4: Pure Sine
5: About $350 max
6: Wiring terminals output preferred but optional

All the inverters I'm seeing are either more expensive than just getting a 3Kw AIO unit or are sketchy with lots of reviews about things blowing up or not handling more than 500w loads or all sorts of problems.

These are about the closest thing I've found but none of them instill any confidence:

WZRELB 2500w look EZACTLY like the "Reliable" brand, down to the stickers, that are nothing but nightmare stories
Voltworks 2000w is smaller than I'd like but I'm running low on options
EDECOA 3000w not a lot of reviews out there, kinda hit or miss, a little more than I'd like to spend
KRXNY 3000w Again, not many reviews, only 2 outlets for getting the power out (I'd like 3+)

All of them seem to have multiple comments about high standby power draw and in Western WA there's a LOT of cloud and rain. Overpanneling is going to be a must as best I can just to feed the standby draw.

The other option is to get one of the PowMr 3000w Solar Inverter for about $550 and save the money on the MPPT controller.

Thoughts? Experiences? Horror stories? Thanks gang!

This project is for my storage shed and garden shed lighting. It'll need 4x 40w LED lights a couple times a month for maybe an hour or two, a trickle charger for the lawnmower, and the occasional hour or two a day in winter for a 1500w electric heater. Also a 60w motion light outside if anything comes by. Not a lot of load over time, just short bursts with the occasional power tool or battery charger.

I wish you guys had a 24v 3kw unit. I really don't want to jump this whole system up to a 48v as that's really overkill for what is essentially a lighting circuit for a couple hours a month.

Back