diy solar

diy solar

youtube advertising changes (all content creators need to understand what this means)

YouTube will ruin a good thing. That automatic opt in on a creators entire catalogue is so wrong.

Our YouTube TV subscription increased over 20% last year and is scheduled to increase another almost 20% at the end of this month. Buh-Bye YouTube TV.

I listen to a lot of jam bands. Those mid roll ads are the most annoying thing ever, so I just pay for youtube to avoid all ads. What does that do to creator's revenue?

They get a cut of your payment instead of a cut of the ad revenue.

Ad Block Plus browser add on and no ads on youtube for free....

Nice if you are watching junk, but not so nice if the content producer has gone to some trouble to make what ever it is you are watching ...

Nice if you are watching junk, but not so nice if the content producer has gone to some trouble to make what ever it is you are watching ...

You know that to be true ?? Ads get blocked on most sites and I doubt the site actually knows about it.. works great for us folks on limited internet plans such as satellite..

Do you think the content producer does it for free? Yes, sites do know when you are blocking ads. Quite a few of them have anti-block scripts too.

Somewhere, at some point, someone has to pay for the stuff that you view. Someone has to pay for the infrastructure that makes it possible to serve the content too. If you prevent the content producer from making money, they go away. If you prevent the infrastructure provider from making money they close up shop. Then you have nothing to watch, apart from mind numbing tik-tok bulls***t and the like which may well suit you.

Ever wondered why alternate funding sites such as Patreon exist?

Well good enough then -- I'll continue to use it despite your protests :) As my viewing pleasure bandwith has more than tripled but yes some day yt may block these 'blockers' till then I'm good.

I'm sure you'll be the first to whine like a spoilt little brat when some channel you value goes away. Enjoy. I know I'll enjoy seeing you whine.

I love how you decided to attack me when the first post to your thread basically said the same thing... But if it makes you feel good go for it.

I pay for YouTube to block ads, yes, but I also want to support the content. I don't buy music any more, because I prefer live stuff, and YouTube is a much better source. It isn't fair to get your entertainment/education for free, so I pay for it, and buy hats and t-shirts and what not whenever available. What goes around comes around.

I love how you decided to attack me when the first post to your thread basically said the same thing... But if it makes you feel good go for it.

That is an incorrect interpretation of the point of that video.

Back