diy solar

diy solar

YUASA LEV50 BATTERY

solarbat73

i found the datasheet for these LI-ION batteries and i have 2x 12v strings, my question is i want to fuse the positive connection before the bus bar what size fuse should i use?

Attachments

• Datasheet-LEV50-Cell.pdf
    199 KB · Views: 21
First, these make shitty 12V batteries. 3S is 9-12.6V operating and 4S is 12-16.4V operating.

They basically straddle where a 12V should be.

What's the maximum current a battery would see?

First, these make shitty 12V batteries. 3S is 9-12.6V operating and 4S is 12-16.4V operating.

They basically straddle where a 12V should be.

What's the maximum current a battery would see?
i have them setup in a 4s config, would you not recommend using these? i havent bought an inverter or charger controller yet would those be factors in what size fuse i should use?

Many inverters object to voltages over 16V, so you'll be limited there.

Realistically, if you want to maximize cycle life, you'll want to operate them between 14 (3.5V/cell) and 16V (4.0V/cell).

Personally, I wouldn't use Lithium NMC for 12V. Ever. 7S for 24V, 14S for 48V.

If you made it one big 24V using only 7S, that would be more useful and present no signficiant issues with 24V inverter/charge controller.

3.5-4.05V/cell is roughly 20-80% SoC utilization for maximum cycle life.

Many inverters object to voltages over 16V, so you'll be limited there.

Realistically, if you want to maximize cycle life, you'll want to operate them between 14 (3.5V/cell) and 16V (4.0V/cell).

Personally, I wouldn't use Lithium NMC for 12V. Ever. 7S for 24V, 14S for 48V.

If you made it one big 24V using only 7S, that would be more useful and present no signficiant issues with 24V inverter/charge controller.

3.5-4.05V/cell is roughly 20-80% SoC utilization for maximum cycle life.
i was looking at the renogy 12v 2000watt inverter and the operating range looks ok
1602784865475.png
it would be the model in the middle

High voltage disconnect of as low as 15.7V. That's robbing you of another 10-15% of capacity, and you CAN'T limit the lower end at all, so you'll have to handle that with the BMS.

And don't forget... This is the firey, burny, explodey type of lithium.

If you really want to use these, 24V, 7S unless you have a burning need to use 12V.

High voltage disconnect of as low as 15.7V. That's robbing you of another 10-15% of capacity, and you CAN'T limit the lower end at all, so you'll have to handle that with the BMS.

And don't forget... This is the firey, burny, explodey type of lithium.

If you really want to use these, 24V, 7S unless you have a burning need to use 12V.
now you are making me have second thoughts about using these. i picked them up for fairly cheap, maybe ill just get rid of them then and pick up some lifepo4 batteries. sigh....

You have no idea. I recently listed all the batteries I have and modes of transportation (23) that I own requiring batteries. I won't re0list it here, but it was instrumental in me accepting that I qualify as a hoarder when it comes to this stuff. :(

You have no idea. I recently listed all the batteries I have and modes of transportation (23) that I own requiring batteries. I won't re0list it here, but it was instrumental in me accepting that I qualify as a hoarder when it comes to this stuff. :(
LOL my brother came over to my place and asked are you hoarding sh!t??? LOLOL

Back