diy solar

diy solar

Zamp Charge Controller says battery full but the battery is dead? Help!

Byers

Hi there!

Newbie here. I have a Casita trailer I live in and my Zamp charge controller says the battery is full but when I check my battery directly with a reader it says it’s almost dead. All the wires are in tact and connected fine, any ideas? Sorry if this isn’t enough info.

I don’t use much power, have no bathroom. Fridge is on propane, no tv or microwave. Electric Mostly for water pump and recharging small devices.

I have the portable 230watt folding panel connected to the solar zamp ready port in my trailer.

? for any ideas!

Hi there!

Newbie here. I have a Casita trailer I live in and my Zamp charge controller says the battery is full but when I check my battery directly with a reader it says it’s almost dead. All the wires are in tact and connected fine, any ideas? Sorry if this isn’t enough info.

I don’t use much power, have no bathroom. Fridge is on propane, no tv or microwave. Electric Mostly for water pump and recharging small devices.

I have the portable 230watt folding panel connected to the solar zamp ready port in my trailer.

? for any ideas!

"full" on most charge controllers is meaningless. It's purely voltage based and completely inaccurate.

What "reader" says it's almost dead?

Can we get some voltage values?

Can we get battery type/size, etc.?

Do you have the Zamp charge controller set for the correct battery? They have great customer service did you contact them? No bathroom, the Casita we took to Alaska had one and more.

What is the actual battery voltage right on the terminals? What is the voltage on the Zamp battery terminals?
This is a good time to get a voltmeter if none is available.

Back