diy solar

diy solar

Zero Breeze power station

Bakkenbo

Does anyone know anything about this??

I can not find the solar charging specs for that Zero Breeze which is rather suspicious.
They also have no actual units made and available to be tested by the usual Youtubers.

Need to see maybe other future review or info on how they deal with heat accumulation on such small form factor.

Also like what happened to their previous product, the company does not seem to care about deliver their product on time.

Even on their campaign page, the production time and deliver time is in a funny back to future way:)

The good thing abut this is that it is really quite small compare to other so call power station.

Zero Breeze posted a graphic comparing NMC to LFP with 3 obvious lies on their Facebook group.

The graphic is in the post before I got banned for this reply.

Zero Breeze you are incorrect that LFP is unstable and has high self discharge compared to NMC.

LFP is used by almost all solar installations in vehicles and homes because it is much safer than NMC.
LFP has a very very low self discharge rate.
Also LFP can be used way below 32°F so that is incorrect too.
32F is the LFP cut off for charging not for using the battery.

Zero Breeze is now copying the AC200 solar specs but trying to one up them by claiming 800 watts and 13 Amps with the 35V to 150V input.
The problem I see is that the ElecHive is a much smaller box than the AC200 and originally designed for only 200 to 300watts of panels.
How are they going to cram all that in now with a bigger MPPT and more heat?
I would not buy one even at the introductory price from this bs company that calls NMC a ternary battery and outright lies about LFP.

Attachments

• do0xdnnqfu3ds0pp03q0.png
    do0xdnnqfu3ds0pp03q0.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Such a dishonest comparison between NMC and LFP batteries from Zero Breeze

do0xdnnqfu3ds0pp03q0.png

Last edited:
Looks bogus. Was about to buy but wanted to do some research first. Found this about their air conditioning unit...

Zero Breeze......What you get when you rely on wind power or something you put in the dryer to make your clothes smell better.

I am pretty knowledgeable about these kind of things. I own a Jackery 1000, which I love. This offer looks really good on the surface. 2200 Watt hours for $1000 is about half the cost per Wh of a Jackery or a Yeti (goal zero). Interpreting their hype, they are apparently using 21700 type cells (the same as a model 3), rather than 18650 size (which is what a Tesla model S uses. 21700 is mildly better, but it is not a big difference. Just more Watt-hours per cell, and a physically larger and heavier cell (21 mm diameter, 70 mm long). As others have mentioned, there is a lot of hype here. For example, saying that their pack is just four batteries makes no sense. (Probably it includes a string of 4 groups, with each contains about 35 cells. I'll do the math if anyone asks.) The bottom line is: this price is not impossible if they are selling at cost. But I am a little too worried by their hype to actually buy one now. At this price this would be very competitive with a power wall (Tesla) with portability and no installation hassle. I would buy one in a minute if I believe that they were for real. There is not reason why someone can't built this and the weight is plausible is you had great engineering pushing the limits. (The weight of the cell alone to make 2200 watts is about 22 lbs.) A reasonable price for this would be $2000 or so. SO, it could be a bargain, but I am not planning to risk it.

Looks bogus. Was about to buy but wanted to do some research first. Found this about their air conditioning unit...
I backed the second generation project, the Mark 2. It works as one might expect for a 2300 BTU air conditioner, in the right circumstances. I have a 13" Scamp camper, and when I draw the curtains to close off the sleeping area it works just fine. What is bogus is the advertisement; in no way would I expect to use it in a tent.

This is looking more like another indiegogo scam by the date. At best they would not finish the delivery by another year. Their latest update was a scam alert, quite ironic:)

I'm uncertain why you label the campaign as "another Indiegogo scam". Had you researched the campaign you would have learned it closed in 2020 with 98% of the units delivered. The last update was a thank you to the campaign's backers, with not a whiff of irony. The Mark 2 does what it was designed to do. To be sure there were those who's deliveries were delayed and those who were unsatisfied with the product, but by most measures the campaign was successful.

Back