diy solar

diy solar

Solarman misreporting

SOI23

Hi All
First post for me - let me start with a hello!

I'm looking for some assistance with Solarman monitoring. I was recently shunted to the Solarman Smart portal from the older solarman system and in doing so everything seems to have gone wrong with my monitoring. I have a Soltaro AIO2 with a 10kWh battery.
issues:
1) Consumption now reports battery charging as consumption but not then ignores battery discharging to load.
2) My grid feed in is reporting within a couple of kW of daily production. Clearly this isn't right as I recharge my 10kWh battery from production and use approx 8kw per day at the moment
To illustrate today:
Production - 33.1 kWh
Consumption - 14.1kWh
Daily Grid Feed - 29kWh
Daily Purchased - 0kWh
Daily Energy Charged - 6.1kWh
Daily Energy Discharged - 4.7Kwh

Calculating using the figures above I think the following is possible:
Production - 33.1 :nothing to dispute this
Consumptioncalc - 12.7 from: Consumption - battery charging + battery disharged
Daily Grid Feedcalc - c.19kWh from: Production -(consumptioncalc - battery discharged) - battery charged

I've tried to engage with Solarman and Soltaro over the issue, however each claims it is the others issue.
Does anyone have any thoughts or insight into why the system should suddely be reporting erroneous values?

Help much appreciated!

I have exactly the same issue as SOI23. We have had our solar system (Soltaro Hyper-5kW inverter and integrated 5kW battery) running fine for the past 2 plus using the older Solarman app. Since being forced onto the Solarman Smart app a few months ago, the only correct reading is the battery State of charge (SoC), all other important data such as house consumption, PV power generation and power export to grid are displayed inaccurately. I know this as my inverter has an LCD display and the numbers displayed on the Solarman Smart apps are wildly different to the LCD display on the system.

Solarman support (in China) were useless.

Soltaro support (in Australia) advised me that my Solarman wifi data logger (which they supplied with their inverter at time of purchase) was in-fact not covered under the inverter's 10 year warranty (apparently I should have known this when I purchased the system) and then offered to "fix the problem" by offering to sell me their own in-house developed wifi data logger and app (coincidentally also released a few months ago) for a discounted price of $200. I declined (....once bitten, twice shy).

The bottom line is that I now have a system that I cannot remotely monitor.....this was an important function for me as we have an electric car which we try to charge using only solar power.

I have to admit that I am left unimpressed by the level of care or client-focus shown by both companies in this case.

I would be most grateful if anyone in the DIY Solar Power Forum community has a solution to how I might be able to configure Solarman Smart to display accurate readings again.

Back