diy solar

diy solar

Solarpanels for DIY EV

Michelle Konzack

Hi all,

I am ongoing to start the rebuilding of a 3,0-3,5t Vehicule to an EV (max 90kmh) using a 48V 20kW GoldenMotor with a 62kWh LiFePO4 Pack.
The Charger will be probably the MultiPlus-II 48/15000, which allow me charging the Batteries from a 230V 32A CEE Socket and also allow me to power electric tools Concrete Mixer, Wood Chopper/Chipper, Chainsaw and what else from the Battery.

However, the Roof will be flat and I could install 3-4 standard 550Wp Modules (228x113cm) but they are heavy as hell.

My requirement would be at least 1500Wp on the roof and the use of a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 250/70-Tr.
The 1500Wp produce enough energy, to let me work a whole day on the EV batteries without draining them (and even charging them if not in use.

Also I do not drive every day and with 1500Wp on the roof, the Bateries are charged in less then 7 days.
Oh, the power consumption of the EV is roughly 80W/km and this only, because the 4WD Gearboxes suck.

Can someone recommend me something more suitable solarpanels?

Most flexible modules I found, have only the half of the power output by size compared to standard solar modules

Note: I am in Estonia and need probably sources from Europe

Thanks in advance
Michelle

Back