diy solar

diy solar

Windy Nation

Bluedog225

Texas
I’m in the market for 10 awg solar (outdoor rated) wire. Interestingly prices are pretty dramatically different at my usual vendors.

I’ve never purchased from Windy Nation. Though I’m generally aware they’ve been around for a while.

Any concerns?

Thanks

IMG_0865.png

I’m in the market for 10 awg solar (outdoor rated) wire. Interestingly prices are pretty dramatically different at my usual vendors.

I’ve never purchased from Windy Nation. Though I’m generally aware they’ve been around for a while.

Any concerns?

Thanks

View attachment 215637
I have always got exactly what I ordered …or better.. can’t speak for everything they sell for sure, but if your ordering Brand Name stuff tier 1 product , and your happy with the prices., I wouldn’t worry abit about them as a company..

I've bought several pre-made battery cables, up to 4/0, and they were always nice except for 1 bad crimp that I got.

For weather, definitely PV rated wire, however to pull through conduit THHN is a whole lot easier.

So far, completely satisfied with everything I have gotten from them. Solar wire, various battery cables, lugs ... everything has been fine.

I've bought several pre-made battery cables, up to 4/0, and they were always nice except for 1 bad crimp that I got.
That’s why I do all my crimps… I have paid good money at first to get stuff that when I cut Radom lugs in half we’re not as good as what I was doing .. some were far worse…

I don’t order any wires prepaid anymore…how can you really know the crimp quality with out cutting it..?

I had some big 1/0-4/0 interconnect wires show up from (here or there ) with pretty bad wings or weird crimpings once you cut em to check em ..
that made me take the cautious approach and redo them if long enough..or put them in the copper heap to meddle with later…

Finally just went diy on all wire s and connections…

I have chunked many of my crimpings into the copper pile (due to this- that -or the other,,,)
But at least I was there to see , know and ,learn what happened and why …

J.

I was going to buy my 40ft of 2/0 from windy nation on eBay but prices were actually cheaper directly from windy nation. I think cut was added on.

I was going to buy my 40ft of 2/0 from windy nation on eBay but prices were actually cheaper directly from windy nation. I think cut was added on.
Yeah i haven't found a better place for 4/0 and 2/0 than directly from windy nation. I get lugs there too

Back