diy solar

diy solar

Not a complaint, but a request.

There's probably not a simple solution.
If that turns out to be the case.
I'll just make a new build thread, when my system is complete. (Assuming that ever happens)
And re label the first one.

Be careful! This is one of the best forums I have seen or been on. I find it very open, informative, and supportive.
I find differing (but respectful) opinions to be a valuable tool for me to learn from.
While it is valuable to always try to improve, remember the motto "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

An idea - not sure if it could at all be implemented or not, but hey...

Build threads go in a specific subforum. In there, the thread creators can flag posts they make within their thread as "primary" or "build related" or whatever you want to call it.
At the top of said thread, there is a toggle that anyone viewing can hit. It will show either "All posts" or "Build only posts."
"All Posts" view looks like a normal thread, Although the "Build" tagged posts may have a bold header or something to make them stand out a bit.
"Build Only Posts" view minimizes all other posts, though there is a button or link between the various "Build only" posts to show/hide other posts that occurred in between those main build posts.

This way, you can still have the chit-chat going on, the feedback, sharing of ideas, etc (all very important). But if someone simply wants to see the main stuff, they easily can, but still with the option to view the chatter in between each one if desired, without having to show literally everything.

Just an idea. Good/bad, possible/impossible, no idea.

I think the easiest would be for certain ppl to only have comments posted by OP viewable and for them to have me on ignore.
Would probably solve 90% of thread drift complaints.

I could also try to be off topic less often, and I do try! But sometimes comedic relief is my specialty

I think the easiest would be for certain ppl to only have comments posted by OP viewable and for them to have me on ignore.
Would probably solve 90% of thread drift complaints.

I could also try to be off topic less often, and I do try! But sometimes comedic relief is my specialty

The only problem is you aren't funny... at all...

I subscribe to another forum which uses the same XenForo software, and looks and is laid out very much like this forum. On that one, if you are a "premium" member (pay a yearly fee) you can delete any post with any thread that you created, and can even delete the thread if you want. Restricted to your own threads.

So, yes, it's possible on a ZenForo forum.

I subscribe to another forum which uses the same XenForo software, and looks and is laid out very much like this forum. On that one, if you are a "premium" member (pay a yearly fee) you can delete any post with any thread that you created, and can even delete the thread if you want. Restricted to your own threads.

So, yes, it's possible on a ZenForo forum.
I wouldn't consider that option.
It takes away the open conversations.
It would turn threads into dictation.

Back