diy solar

diy solar

48V upgrage in a fifth wheel?

Can feed both hots with an external 50 amp transfer switch to power the entire panel and get by with less inverter.
This would lose some functions and consider a simpler dedicated inverter vs the multifunction.

Going to require a monster battery to run the A/C for any significant time. If you plan to do this and charge by generator... may as well run the generator from the get go. Most everything else can run on 3000 watts.
OP should get 6hours to run 1AC off batteries then charge up using the genny in 2 hours. On top of this with 1800w solar it should basically keep up with the AC running during the day so its basically just for the nighttime which shouldn't need to be on all the time depending on outside temps.

Likely he'd only need to run the genny for like an hour twice a day max, unless its cloudy or rainy out and in that case he doesn't need as much AC anyways. Even with auto start/stop from the cerbo its nice to not have to deal with a genny or hear it or anything.

Well, it looks like i'm going to go with a pair of the Multiplus 3000 2x120. There is just to many sub zero winter nights here to deal with keeping the RV heated for the EG4, when not in use. It really makes more sence anyway, with everything is already setup for 24v, so just gotta build a 280A 8S2P battery now.

keeping the RV heated for the EG4
Had to look at your conclusion. Never noticed such and a big dispersity between the Victron and the EG4 on operating temp as well as storage. Have no clue at the EG4 is so high. Guessing that it is based on the caps used????
Either way I just learned I am double outside the specs for the EG4 by sitting at 7200' and the cold snap here this week has the temps in the high 20s.
Course admitting here voids my warranty now for sure.

Kind of seems like a odd spec for an inverter. I doubt they hold up shipping in the winter

Back