diy solar

diy solar

aaa nicd battery

ncowan

First of all, it's better to check manufacturer's guideline. Every brand's battery has different scenarios for charging. But I'll recommend all of them to go for aaa nicd rechargeable battery that's easy to recharge and offers a long lasting period. Perfect for solar-powered lawn lights, garden lights, and other lighting applications. All alkaline disposable batteries for your TV remote controls, wireless mice and keyboards, game controllers, RC remote controls, and other devices need to be replaced.The most prominent thing about aa nicd batteries is that they use procyco technology that boost their performance. Better high- or low-temperature performance than other aaa battery types; suited for solar garden lights; used from -4°F to 140°F.

What sunshine_eggo said!

It's a copy-n-paste for sales for EBL nicads from Amazon. And where do AA nicads end up? The vast majority in the trash, polluting the environment with cadmium. Hey at least if the average consumer is going to do that, then nimh is far more friendly.

And only 1100mah? Are you nuts? Is this 1990 again?

Shame on Amazon for even allowing nicad back into the consumer waste stream, which is where these go.

Putting this chemistry back into the hands of AA type users, makes me STEER CLEAR of EBL for everything.

NiCd really suffers from voltage depression due to short cycling and low current overcharge. This is what's commonly referred to as "memory effect" and requires periodic deep discharges to restore capacity.

NiMH suffers from it as well, but it is orders of magnitude less prone to it.

I can't think of a reason that NiCd should ever be used when NiMH is available. The main downside to NiMH is the 1.2V nominal. When alkaline batteries are required, the lower working voltage of NiMH (and NiCd) results in shorter run times... but you just recharge them. I have a Snap-On Ethos Pro auto diags tool that uses 6X AA. I use the Panasonic eneloop NiMH. It reads low battery sooner than alkalines, but I just toss in the spare 6 I have ready to go... :)

Yeppers. Half of the reason nimh appeared was to be a less-toxic replacement for nicad. Bummed out a lot of guys who actually knew how to take care of nicads and had big banks, and suddenly their cells were gone.

But that was a generation ago. Likely many readers here have no idea how toxic nicad is - at least to the environment. Thinking that the marketing people pushing nicads now, realize that a whole generation is unaware.

What sunshine_eggo said!

It's a copy-n-paste for sales for EBL nicads from Amazon. And where do AA nicads end up? The vast majority in the trash, polluting the environment with cadmium. Hey at least if the average consumer is going to do that, then nimh is far more friendly.

And only 1100mah? Are you nuts? Is this 1990 again?

Shame on Amazon for even allowing nicad back into the consumer waste stream, which is where these go.

Putting this chemistry back into the hands of AA type users aaa nicd battery, makes me STEER CLEAR of EBL for everything.
thank you so much for your suggestion

Back