diy solar

diy solar

AC Coupled recently in AZ with APS

calc30

I’ve been working toward adding acbattery and inverter to my ac coupled 12.3KWz solar array. My hardware will be a SOL-ARK15 with Eg4 powerpro wall 14.3KWz. Greenlancer created my plans and I have an electrician reviewing them. He isn’t a solar electrician, but believes there is some unnecessary hardware and additional meter not needed. I was hoping someone has implemented something similar and can share their plans. I’m thinking or at least wondering if my plans are overly complicated.

I’ll provide my plans if asked.

Here is something similar we did recently for an APS customer in Dewey, AZ.
Not exactly what you have, but should be similar enough to give you an idea of how much of a pain in the backside APS will be to deal with.
Best of luck and stay safe.
Mike
Three_Line_Complete_Rev6_1.jpgThree_Line_Complete_Rev6_2.jpg

Take a look at what they gave me. I have three strings (ac coupled) 30 410w panels. if you don't mind who did your install?

-Jeff

1720571702582.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 5.48.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 5.48.49 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Yes they require 3 meters for a battery system. They want to monitor how much power your battery is discharging into your home going to the main panel, and the critical load panel. That is why they have those extra two meters I asked why they would not say why just said this is what they require to get it approved.

Speculation on my part ACC will eventually consider solar and battery storage should be taxed by then solar might be good enough to just go off grid.

Does you know if anyone disconnecting the grid to move/change the bus bars so they can get the hybrid inverter between the meter and the main?

I really don't want to do add an additional panel if I can work around it, and this would simply things.

Does you know if anyone disconnecting the grid to move/change the bus bars so they can get the hybrid inverter between the meter and the main?

I really don't want to do add an additional panel if I can work around it, and this would simply things.
That would be a line side tap lots of YouTube videos on how to do it you don't have to upgrade your panel. APS would disconnect the power from the transformer while you work on it. After it's inspected and signed off by the city they will reconnect. This won't be a summer project I would plan on using a generator in winter to power stuff in the house while your getting everything cut over. Run extension cords from the generator inside the home.

Here is something similar we did recently for an APS customer in Dewey, AZ.
Not exactly what you have, but should be similar enough to give you an idea of how much of a pain in the backside APS will be to deal with.
Best of luck and stay safe.
Mike
View attachment 227526View attachment 227527
Mike,

I’m trying to find someone to do my install. Is this something you’d be willing to help me with? If so, let me know. I’m in Surprise, Arizona.

-Jeff

There are threads here about cutting the bus bar but nobody in there was willing to go out on a limb and claim this retains the listing.

A split bus meter main combo could probably avoid another subpanel, but you would need one in place already

I would personally time box the shopping for the specific main panel accessories to reconfigure as you optimally prefer, and if I can’t find it within the time box I would assume it doesn’t exist

Mike,

I’m trying to find someone to do my install. Is this something you’d be willing to help me with? If so, let me know. I’m in Surprise, Arizona.

-Jeff
Sorry for the delay, been busy with work and school starting this week.
We actually are an install & maintenance company in Kingman that does tons and tons of off grid stuff, so batteries have always been our thing.
You were far enough away that I didn't think it would be inappropriate for me to chime in...as I don't think we could be a cost effective option.
I wish I could recommend someone closer to you.
I wish you the best of luck, and hope you can get things squared away with a minimum of hassles.
Mike

Sorry for the delay, been busy with work and school starting this week.
We actually are an install & maintenance company in Kingman that does tons and tons of off grid stuff, so batteries have always been our thing.
You were far enough away that I didn't think it would be inappropriate for me to chime in...as I don't think we could be a cost effective option.
I wish I could recommend someone closer to you.
I wish you the best of luck, and hope you can get things squared away with a minimum of hassles.
Mike
And in talking with our engineer yesterday in passing...it seems like he may have ways to help after all.
If you'd like to reach out, I can put the two of you in touch.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Mike

diy solar

diy solar
Back