diy solar

diy solar

Adding another eg4 lifepower battery

Cardude

I have a simple hand truck with one 48v eg4 lifepower battery and a AIO 3000w eg4 inverter. The battery only gets up to a 99% charge state every day according to Solar Assistsnt.

I want to add another exact same battery, and have read that I need to balance them somehow before connecting the additional battery? Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

EG4 says to get them within .1 volt then it's ok to connect them. That is, with them disconnected from each other measure the voltage and when it's within .1 volt it's ok to parallel them. Get them close by either charging the low one or discharging the higher voltage battery.

I've had no problems connecting them with even greater differences (up to a volt if they're both rested when you take the voltage reading.)

Thanks!

So just use a regular multimeter across the battery terminals to measure voltage, or get into the BMS?

I’ve only used the inverter values for the current battery and have not accessed the BMS, is the reason I ask.

Sorry one more question, when I measure the voltages across the battery terminals, do I need to disconnect the cables going to the inverter first?

diy solar

diy solar
Back