diy solar

diy solar

All in One MPPT+INVERTER or MPPT and then INVERTER

theVlog

Hello i am wondering before i setup my solar system which would be better to have a all in one mppt inverter or a separate mppt and inverter?

I'm new at this but I would say from experience of having a item that has added items inside? If You want to change something your limiting yourself. You cant , have to replace completely. If something broke it's all broke. I buy individual items and combine.then if something went bad maybe your still up and running less one item ?than fix it...Takes a bit of time to configure but better for changes for when you might up grade . Remember the tv with VCR ? VCR died but tv still was useable. Do you remember duel cassette and tv monitor all in one ?

Have to agree with @truckoffgrid. There's a lot to be said for having sound individual components. You can find a hybrid type of controller/charger/inverter/switch. Here's an example below. If money is no object, why make it difficult?

Delta 6000W Solar-Power Grid-Tied Inverter, Rule 21, UL1741 2MPPT
$600 for a hybrid. Pretty good if you ask me.

thank you guys.

last question, when connecting solar to mppt charge controller should i go to max volt or max amp? or either way its the same output?

Not necessarily true. Usually the max amp is on the output to battery side and the max volt is from the PV array. so if you have a 150/50
150V 50A and you have a 12 V battery the most watts you can process is 600. If you have a 24 V battery you can now process 1200 Watts.

What voltage you put into the SCC is irrelevant as long as you do not put in more Volts than it can handle.

Now all that being said I like to maximize the volts to the SCC with a fair margin for headroom.

let's say i have a 12panel of 275w with a 250V 100A controller with 48v setup battery. what will be bettery higher in voltage or amp? lets asume the solar is 275W 38.5V 9.20A to series 3 each will be 115.5V | 9.20A x 4 (12pcs solar) = 115.5V | 36.80A or if i series them to 6 each (2 in parellel) will be 231V and 18.40A. is this the same output or which one is better?

ok that is a matter of preference, I always go with the higher you will get more power sooner with less light. However if you have shading issues more in parallel is usually better. I also prefer to move less amps and more volts makes wiring cheaper.

ok that is a matter of preference, I always go with the higher you will get more power sooner with less light. However if you have shading issues more in parallel is usually better. I also prefer to move less amps and more volts makes wiring cheaper.
thank you. means always go higher with voltage than amps. :)

thank you. means always go higher with voltage than amps. :)

I agree but please remember that most SCC are forgiving about exceeding amp rating while the voltage rating is a hard limit.

So max volts with some headroom as noted above.

diy solar

diy solar
Back