diy solar

diy solar

Anker 767 with mixed solar panels over 60v producing no input

kev001

First time setting up a basic solar rig ... I purchased an anker 767 and to save money I purchased a £300 VTOMAN 400W 10A 40V Panel (anker wants £900 for theirs)

Initially I was going to use the 400w foldable panels camping. But on delivery found out how big they were! This is working well and provides upto 370W

So decided to purchase a smaller foldable 200W panel for camping and to use in serial with the existing Panel.

So I purchased a ELECAENTA Ultra-Light Flexible ETFE 200W 10A 20V Panel to add in series ... following the rule 'SAME AMP Rating'

So I was expecting 600w at 10A and 60V

When I hooked up the panels I get no input on the Anker 767. So I checked on the multimeter and was getting 67 V. Which I assume is why the Anker is not allowing input

So the question ... What is the cheapest way to lower the voltage, assuming that is my issue?

checked on the multimeter and was getting 67 V.
The open circuit voltage of both panels is higher that the maximum power volts. You also need an allowance for old weather, where Voc increases. Any panel setup you use should not exceed 55v , open circuit.
The simple option is to add in parallel to the 400 watt panel, a panel or series pair, with a similar voltage. VTOMAN are vague on the actual Voc and V max power, but any '40 volt, or two '20 volt' in series should work.
Another 200 watt in series with the existing, then in parallel with the 400.
The Anker solar controller needs to 'see' solar panels.

Most of the 'solar generators' have illogical limits on the input. I suspect its a ploy to tie the customer to their own products

Thanks for the reply. Yes I think adding a new panel is the best option, but will add another £200! I will do this long term tho.

I was just hoping of a quick fix such as something from ali express for a few pounds :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for your answer(y)

Back