diy solar

diy solar

Another uneven Panel 6000xp question

DaninMCI

I'm sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I've read a bunch of posts and most delve into RV systems or how many volts, etc. and not if I can use an uneven number of panels.

I'm in the process of installing a new array and new 6000xp with 48v EG4 battery backup. I have 15 Aptos 370w Bifacial 370w panels (480w max with Bifacial gain).

I was originally going to install this system with 9 panels in a single string into the inverter and use the other 6 for another project. Now I'm thinking of using them all to power this inverter by putting 8 panels on one MPPT and 7 on the other MPPT of the 6000xp. The reason for the original 9 is that my south-facing roof can only hold 9 of these but I have a west-facing roof that could hold a lot of panels.

Some of what I read tells me things like if you have uneven arrays then the maximum input will be the lesser of the two.

It also seems like 8 or 9 might be the max (for my panel specs) for each MPPT on this unit to make sure I stay under that maximum?

Will this work?
Should I just do 2 strings of even amounts like 7 each or something else?
Will I need to adjust the settings to anything specific on this inverter type?

Thanks for any good advice you can offer.

You're good to go. Each mppt is separate.
Just verify max VOC at historical low temperatures for your area.

diy solar

diy solar
Back