diy solar

diy solar

Anybody have any experience with solinba inverters

6269ed

Hi
I am looking for a split phase inverter so I can plug into my manual transfer switch to power 6 circuit's in my house and found the Solinba 4000-SP on Amazon for 919.99 and this unit check's a lot of boxes off on my want list.
First off it has 240 voltage at 60 hz , I can get it in 24 volt , it's a low frequency inverter that is rated for 4000 continuous output with 12000 watt surge for upto 20 seconds.
The main reason I need lots of surge power is for my well and I have been disappointed in a lot of the inverters that I have tried to run the well motor, I realize that these Chinese inverters are usually way over rated on capacities but one of the utube videos I watched shows one of these smaller units (3000 watts 120 volts) start a ac unit with a 3500 watt surge at start up while having a load of 2200 watts before they engaged the ac and the unit handled the start up no problem.
What keeps me from trying this out is there is zero reviews on Amazon so I am looking for any input here or maybe some alternatives to this.
Thanks for your time reading this .

I spotted Solinba a while ago while searching for LF inverters and there's very little out there about them. There are a few youtube clips about the LF ones, and even one where an older person takes the lid off, but no decent tests of them really.

I spotted Solinba a while ago while searching for LF inverters and there's very little out there about them. There are a few youtube clips about the LF ones, and even one where an older person takes the lid off, but no decent tests of them really.
I did see that utube video that your talking about and that was the same video I was referring to where he was starting a AC unit with a 2200 watt load before engaging the AC . What do you think? Would that start up my well?

It probably would, but that's said without any experience with the inverter. Can you put clamp meter on your well pump and see how long it takes to settle down to normal run current, and if you can eyeball what the peak draw is during startup.

It's a little late to respond to this but I own a Solinba. It's pretty good & company support has been good but the 4kw model I have will sometimes shut down starting my well pump. I guess it depends on whether there are other loads on it but it's surge capacity doesn't seem to be up to snuff.

diy solar

diy solar
Back