diy solar

diy solar

Anyone got a Fronius IG series inverter that is still good as new ?

keepsake

I got my Fronius IG5100 inverters in 2011. They were both replaced about 3 times during their warranty period of 10 years. The displays went even more often than the unit that failed. Now they are running 70 to 80% of capacity with ridiculous codes on the screens that keep me from ever seeing the units production numbers.

On an aside I have never lost a SMS Sunny Boy in the same time.

I also got two Schneider Electric XW units and mppt, etc all working fine after 10 years.

We had a Solar City system installed in 2011. Also with a Fronius IG Plus 3.0. Absolutely no operational problems at all so far. The main cooling fan for the power FET's started making noise so I replaced it about a year ago before it failed completely. Otherwise has worked perfectly everyday since first turned on.
Since its a 20 year lease technically Tesla is responsible for repairs but for $40 and 30min of my time it wasn't worth going through the trouble of even trying to contact them.

I also have a Schneider XW+ 6848 inverter.

Had an IG5100 smoke today. Out of warranty. Internally there appears to be two identical power modules. Has anyone here had any luck just running one board at 50% capacity ? Details please ?

Still got the one IG5100 running. But everyday at sunup it enters into an error state. It will produce at about 80% normal. If I power cycle the DC breaker it will die, then power up fine for the rest of the day. It complains about a power stage in the error code.
Anybody else get this or have a permanent solution ?

Back