diy solar

diy solar

Anyone have experience with outback Mojave inverter yet?

Xmasterfunk

Has anyone used this system yet? I am hoping get the inverter only and use with another vendors batteries, as i can get batt at least half the price per kWhr of what Outback includes them in a system.

I am seeing some activity on Outback Power's new Mojave. Can purchase online distributors. They have been publishing some content on youtube (contractors/distributor presentations, at least one demo).

Mojave Energy Storage System: AC Coupling Demonstration

Found inverter only distributions by Outback "authorized dealers". Does anyone have any favorites? good/bad experience on these dealers?

cheers!

Outback products are great.
Excellent customer service with real technical knowlege and experience.
Prompt warranty fullfilment.
So ixam guessing even if its not that great it would still be worth it

Outback products are great.
Excellent customer service with real technical knowlege and experience.
Prompt warranty fullfilment.
So ixam guessing even if its not that great it would still be worth it
The only thing that is a bot off for me is the Mojave lacks surge capabilities .
I am not sure if it can accomodate.other batteries other than the Mojave ess

I am not sure if it can accomodate.other batteries other than the Mojave ess
I assume that it is user configurable so it should "accomodate" other batteries. However if you want communication between you battery BMS then I think you will be disappointed. That was an issue with my former Skybox and since Outback is now owned by a Enersys, I don't think they have any incentive to facilitate communications with other batteries. Enersys is a battery company.

I use my skybox in open loop mode. It has some battery shunt and algorithm to calculate battery soc as long as you program the capacities so I’m not too worried about battery communications. In fact, battery communications seems to be a dude when you have multiple battery packs that are not well tested my the manufacturer.

I assume that it is user configurable so it should "accomodate" other batteries. However if you want communication between you battery BMS then I think you will be disappointed. That was an issue with my former Skybox and since Outback is now owned by a Enersys, I don't think they have any incentive to facilitate communications with other batteries. Enersys is a battery company.
I knew that but didnt have the evidence to it.Right on the nail.

Back