diy solar

diy solar

Best Lithium batteries for Schneider Conext 4024 system?

ajd08

Hi all,

Apologize if this thread is in the wrong forum, don't spend much time online anymore but need some help upgrading the batteries in my off grid system.

I'm currently running a 24v system with a Schneider Conext SW 4024 inverter w/ SCP, Xantrex MPPT 60-150 charge controller, and about 2000w worth of panels. My current lead acid battery bank (2 series of (4) 6v 420ah batteries in parallel) is about dead and I'd like to upgrade to Lithium batteries.

I'm about to pull the trigger on (2) SS EG4 Lifepower 4 24v 200 AH batteries and put them in parallel for 400 AH, but was hoping to hear if anyone is running this same or a similar setup?

Do the EG4s work well with Schneider Conext components?

I've read that Schneider has added EG4 protocol for some of their products but haven't seen the Conext 4024 mentioned specifically, does anyone have more info on this?

Are there better options for my replacing my batteries with lithium's at this point? I've heard SOK is also good?

I was (barely) able to install my system myself but am struggling to work through all the info and opinions out there, so any thoughts, info, or experience with these components would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The 24v eg4 battery should be fine. Don't know about battery communications, but voltage mode should work.

You will need to change battery parameters in the inverter and charge controller to let it know about the lithium battery.

Have a look at the Discover Element batteries. They have the best integration with Schneider gear and provide closed loop charging. Also there are good deals on now in older stock of their AES battery line that have similar features.

Thanks for the replies guys. Ended up speaking to Shneider a couple of times as well as SS and it looks like I should be able to get closed loop with the Lifepower 4s. I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.

Back