diy solar

diy solar

BMS Standing Temp

Trades

This question begins with the use of a Daly 14s, 48V, 60A Dischange, 30A Charge BMS - Product number (On the BMS) 1-101-15330-J15C

I am connecting the unit to a 48V (56V currently) Samsung 3Kwh L-Ion pack from Battery Hook Up. Got the leads connected and BMS and it gets very warm just sitting there. I can power up my solar controller no prob, no panels connected, just bench testing new cells and controllers. It all seems to work just fine.

Is the heat just the BMS balancing the cells? Current temp of BMS 115F - Cell Temp 83-85F

Also, there is a 4v drop or difference between the actual battery terminal voltage and the P- with Batt + terminal. Which leads me to think there is some balancing going on.

I left it sitting for a full 24 hours and the heat did not increase, just stayed pretty warm. But you can touch it and hold your hand to it without getting burned. I just dont have any data to compare too and see if it is normal. I do have to of the same BMS units and get the same results.

Thanks for reading and replying to this post. Please link me to other post if this info has been explained before.

Attachments are images of the battery and BMS.

Attachments

• Scan - 2020-06-29 12_18_25.pdf
    651.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Scan - 2020-06-29 12_19_44.pdf
    135.4 KB · Views: 0
Those are used cells. You should go through and check the condition. You may have a bad cell. Then they should be top balanced to have them all at the same soc.

diy solar

diy solar
Back